- Atsu eyeing more first team action
- Martinez: Mirallas diagnosis ‘not great’
- Browning eyeing first team place
- Martinez: Everyone should be proud of Tyias
- Martinez: Jags shot the best I’ve seen
- Martinez: We wouldn’t accept defeat
- Lukaku: Evertonians will enjoy this derby
- Martinez hoping for “spooky” win at Anfield
- Rodgers: Everton have a great manager
- Barkley could return early from injury
Moyes happy with win
“It was a good win, we can’t hide it or say anything else – it was a good win,” said the boss.
“We played well enough to win and we deserved it. I think we’ve been needing to score a few goals – I’ve been a wee bit disappointed that we’ve only been winning games 1-0 or 2-1. I think our play has warranted more so today we actually finished our chances.
“At half-time it was 0-0 and it was still quite tight. I wanted to make sure Seamus and Jermaine got at least 45 minutes and both of them came on and had an impact. Its great to see that our play is improving all the time. We also want to make sure that it is not too pretty and we need to score some orthodox goals.”