- Kone ready for selection after Burnley game
- McCarthy: Evertonians are different class
- Martinez: Jags has raised his game to another level
- Barry happy with Euro clean sheet
- Martinez hails fantastic Everton support
- Martinez: Lille pitch let us down
- Opinion: Fan safety should always be paramount
- Everton fans given heavy handed treatment by French Police
- Martinez wary of Lille
- Jags excited as Blues travel in numbers
Vicente on Toffees radar
Sky Sports understand that Everton are interested in free agent Vicente.
The 30 year old is available on a free transfer after his contract at Valencia expired this summer, and was previously linked with the Toffees last summer. Newcastle, Swansea and Blackburn were all keen on bringing the Spanish winger earlier in the summer, but it is now thought that Everton and Sunderland are the only clubs willing to offer Vicente a chance to ply his trade in the Premier League.
With funds very limited at Goodison Park this season, it seems that manager David Moyes may be willing to take a gamble on signing a player who has had his fair share of injuries over the last few seasons. However, being a natural winger and a Spanish international may help Moyes decide if it is a gamble worth taking.