- Changes Required
- Blues fail to meet United value on Cleverley
- Blues desperate to land Cleverley
- Duffy: I will always follow Everton
- Chelsea fans “worst behaved in long time” at Goodison Park
- Blues refuse to rule out Holtby deal
- Baines blasts embarrassing defending
- Rolando agent on Merseyside for Everton talks
- Everton in Holtby talks
- Martinez: Defence need to go back to basics
Anichebe: Sunderland win perfect preparation for cup semi
Victor Anichebe believes yesterday’s win over Sunderland was the perfect preparation ahead of this week’s FA Cup semi final.
The Nigerian rounded off the 4-0 victory for the Toffees at Goodison Park yesterday afternoon, and the 24 year old told evertonTV that the squad was brimming with confidence ahead of the showdown with local rivals Liverpool at the weeekend.
“Today was a special game,” Anichebe stated. “It started off a bit slow but in the second half it livened up.
“I think the introduction of Royston [Drenthe] got everyone off their seats because he started taking people on. The whole team did really well today and everyone played their part in the second half. We’ll use that going into the semi-final and hopefully our good form can continue.
“Everyone is really confident at the moment and whatever the result had been today I think we would have gone into the semi-final thinking we could do well. Also, we’ve got the fans behind us. Everyone’s so excited for the semi-final.
“It’s going to be a great day for the city, for both sets of fans, and hopefully we can go down there and do well.”