- Stones has huge future
- Everton want to go unbeaten until end of season
- Stones delight with first goal
- Martinez: We were the better team
- As one United fan found out today, Hillsborough chants get you kicked out at Goodison Park
- Match Report: Everton 3-0 Manchester United
- Martinez positivity only for the cameras
- Lennon investigated for attacking waitress
- Barry: Swerve City, Ross
- Roo still loves the Blues
Moyes blames defensive errors
Everton had dominated the game until half time, when the players seemed to lose shape and confidence, but Moyes says it was all down to two defensive errors, and is perhaps a little over critical of Seamus Coleman.
The way we had been playing I thought it was our chance. Liverpool maybe have not been just where they wanted to be and we have been playing well.
“That’s why the game was every even and there was very little between the two teams. It was small margins that changed the result.
“It was a great chance for us to get to another final but we got to the last four which isn’t easy when you look at the sides that were in it.
“We are competing against very good sides and the players should take pride from that. The game was very tight. Liverpool improved in the second half – no doubt about that. I always just felt we were of a mind that we could see it out.
“I thought we had played well enough to be a goal up at half time. We always knew Liverpool would come out – they were a goal down in a semi-final so they were always going to. But I thought we had weathered it and were just beginning to get back in the game. Obviously we made the mistake and it gave Liverpool more impetus.
“There was very little between the teams. It was mistakes that changed the game. The second one as well, it is a poor, poor decision (from Coleman) and because of that we concede the goal.
“Up to that the game had been very tight and there was very little between the teams. There were defining moments and they were there for all to see.”
Latest posts by Simon Paul (see all)
- Stones has huge future - April 27, 2015
- As one United fan found out today, Hillsborough chants get you kicked out at Goodison Park - April 26, 2015
- Martinez positivity only for the cameras - April 26, 2015
- Spurs cool Mirallas interest - April 24, 2015