- Henen delighted to join “big club” Everton
- Villa want Garbutt on loan
- Jagiella happy over Cleverley capture
- Blues linked with Gamboa
- Fenerbache bid for Mirallas?
- Blues make Mertens enquiry
- Geri: Evertonians guided me home
- Cleverley chuffed to be Blue
- Garbutt honoured to pledge future to Everton
- Henen to sign tomorrow
Moyes blames defensive errors
Everton had dominated the game until half time, when the players seemed to lose shape and confidence, but Moyes says it was all down to two defensive errors, and is perhaps a little over critical of Seamus Coleman.
The way we had been playing I thought it was our chance. Liverpool maybe have not been just where they wanted to be and we have been playing well.
“That’s why the game was every even and there was very little between the two teams. It was small margins that changed the result.
“It was a great chance for us to get to another final but we got to the last four which isn’t easy when you look at the sides that were in it.
“We are competing against very good sides and the players should take pride from that. The game was very tight. Liverpool improved in the second half – no doubt about that. I always just felt we were of a mind that we could see it out.
“I thought we had played well enough to be a goal up at half time. We always knew Liverpool would come out – they were a goal down in a semi-final so they were always going to. But I thought we had weathered it and were just beginning to get back in the game. Obviously we made the mistake and it gave Liverpool more impetus.
“There was very little between the teams. It was mistakes that changed the game. The second one as well, it is a poor, poor decision (from Coleman) and because of that we concede the goal.
“Up to that the game had been very tight and there was very little between the teams. There were defining moments and they were there for all to see.”
Latest posts by Simon Paul (see all)
- Geri: Evertonians guided me home - July 1, 2015
- Eleven years of meeting the best people in the world….Evertonians - June 25, 2015
- The fall and fall of the Liverpool Echo - June 22, 2015
- The inevitable Micah Richards link has surfaced - June 11, 2015