- Martinez: We must improve year on year
- Blues chase former Arsenal defender
- Mirallas sets goals target
- Match Preview: Everton vs Burnley
- [Video] Naismith rewarded for selfless work
- Martinez: No summer squad overhaul
- Lukaku impatient to get back to playing for Everton
- As we remember 26 years on, could 96 innocent people be about to receive justice?
- Rom ready for action
- Oviedo could be back to face Sunderland
Osman: Extra incentive to beat Liverpool
The diminuitive midfielder, like the rest of his team mates, have found form at the right time with a place in the final looming large, and Osman told evertonTV that playing their Merseyside rivals gives the playing squad extra incentive to win the match.
“It gives us that extra incentive to go out there and play well and win the game,” he declared. “I think everyone in the squad is feeling that, not just me, Tony [Hibbert] and Bainesy particularly as local lads.
“When you come here [to training], there’s always usually a buzz about the place. Whether we’re playing well or we’re in a poor run of results, we’re always happy within these walls and we knuckle down to our training.
“The fact results have been going okay for us recently, there’s probably an extra buzz for us.
“It’s a semi-final at Wembley,” said Osman. “It’s against our closest rivals. It’s the occasion where form goes out the window. It’s a game of football; you’ve got to get there and try and win the game – that’s all that’s important.
“That’s what the FA Cup is all about. You have to play what’s in front of you – you have to play what’s presented out of the hat. It doesn’t matter whether it’s Premier League or non-league; it’s the team you’ve got to go and beat to progress to the next round.
“That’s the way we’re looking at Saturday. It’s a derby, it’s at Wembley, it’s a semi-final, but ultimately it’s one more step to try and win the FA Cup.”