- Neville: I would take Everton jobPosted 18 hours ago
- Everton set to appoint new managerPosted 19 hours ago
- Osman pens new dealPosted 2 days ago
- Alan Ball RememberedPosted 2 days ago
- Naismith: First season better than expectedPosted 3 days ago
- Klinsmann to be next Blue boss?Posted 3 days ago
- Fellaini refuses to rule out Everton departurePosted 3 days ago
- Moyes tips Neville as management materialPosted 3 days ago
- Moyes: Defeat harsh on performancePosted 4 days ago
- Kenwright knows Everton’s next managerPosted 4 days ago
Richardson on the radar
Everton have been linked with a move for Sunderland left back Kieran Richardson in the media this week.
Now, we could try and claim “ITK” status here, but as it was firmly established that the “sighting” of Richardson at Bellefield four years ago was proven incorrect, we won’t. And besides, we didn’t post it on Twitter…
Anyway, Richardson is entering the last year of his deal at The Stadium of Light (not the real one, mind) and Sunderland bosses expect him to leave before that, which all leads to the media putting two and two together and linking him with Everton. Whether it’s because they have to link us with a left-back in a bid to provide some kind of “proof” that Leighton Baines is off to Man Utd, or whether David Moyes has been pondering a move for the former United man ever since he saw his name mentioned on NSNO, we don’t know.
At best, he’d be a decent cover for Baines and potentially Steven Pienaar, as Richardson can also play further forward. At worst he would be a replacement for Baines, but far from being in the same league as our current favourite lefty.