- Martinez: The club should reflect what the fans wantPosted 11 hours ago
- Everton to kick off new season with trip to NorwichPosted 23 hours ago
- Myers overwhelmed by positive responsePosted 1 day ago
- Everton appoint new Communications DirectorPosted 2 days ago
- No bids for Fellaini….yetPosted 2 days ago
- Pienaar stays strong on international retirementPosted 2 days ago
- Betis announce Everton friendlyPosted 2 days ago
- Martinez: New signings in the pipelinePosted 2 days ago
- Rats: If bids come in, Everton will sellPosted 2 days ago
- “Everton still want me”Posted 3 days ago
Ofoe deal off
Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe’s loan move to Everton has not been completed and he will remaing in Belguim, according to the Belgian’s parent club Club Brugge.
The 23 year old was due to join the Toffees on a season long loan from the Belgian outfit, with the view to a permanent deal providing he proved his worth to David Moyes. However, a statement from Club Brugge tonight appears to suggest that deal was not completed in time.
Vincent Mannaert, Brugge’s general manager, said in a statement: “We took into account that this scenario was left very late.The important thing is that the uncertainty is gone: Vadis will once again join the group. He is now looking forward to the upcoming matches at Club Brugge.”
Ofoe himself took to twitter to explaing the situation, saying: “I knew there was a chance that the transfer would not continue because Everton were late, as reported, but I am now looking forward and know that there are opportunities and they will come when I play for Club (Brugge).”
Update: Despite Brugge’s insistence on Everton being late, Everton’s reporter for the Liverpool Echo, Greg O’Keefe, has tweeted that FIFA didn’t ratify the deal due to the late submission of the relevant paperwork from the Belgian club.
O’keefe tweeted: “Vadis Odjidja Ofoe will not be joining
#EFC . Understand that Fifa have refused to ratify move after Brugge were late submitting pape.”
The Official Everton website also states that the paperwork from their end was submitted in advance of the deadline as well, so it is anyone’s guess who the real culprit is.
Interested in placing a bet on an upcoming Everton fixture? Would you like to get all of the latest betting tips and odds? Make sure you come to betting.betfair.com today!