- Barkley: Everton is my home
- Everton announce new deal for Ross Barkley
- McCarthy: I chose Everton over Spurs
- Distin looking forward to “annoying” Osman’s testimonial
- Roberto’s train won’t call at the Panic Station
- Martinez: Lukaku not our only strike target
- Besic: My style will suit the Premier League
- Everton sign Besic for undisclosed fee
- Everton On Tour
- TSS: Pre-season, Lukaku, Besic, and Youtube
Moyes issues challenge to players
David Moyes admits that he has a small squad of quality players, and wonders if they have the ability to maintain their good start to the season.
In recent years Everton have failed to get out of the blocks quickly, but have finished very strong, and Moyes has said that his side need to prove they can play well over an entire season this time around.
The Everton boss said, “I wouldn’t say our squad is big enough, but I would say we have got good quality. I have 15-16 players that I can call on.
“The staying power I’m talking about is different. People will drop out of form a little bit, and do you have other players to bring in or do you have to have players playing through it?
“Maybe we don’t have the luxury to take our best players out of the team. We have to hope they stay in form, stay fit and avoid injuries. You want players to come in and make a difference. And we brought in young Vellios against Sunderland and while he didn’t score we managed to get the two goals when he was on the pitch.”