- Everton to kick off new season with trip to NorwichPosted 11 hours ago
- Myers overwhelmed by positive responsePosted 22 hours ago
- Everton appoint new Communications DirectorPosted 1 day ago
- No bids for Fellaini….yetPosted 1 day ago
- Pienaar stays strong on international retirementPosted 1 day ago
- Betis announce Everton friendlyPosted 1 day ago
- Martinez: New signings in the pipelinePosted 2 days ago
- Rats: If bids come in, Everton will sellPosted 2 days ago
- “Everton still want me”Posted 3 days ago
- Heitinga wants away from EvertonPosted 4 days ago
Moyes confirms Gibson injury
The Republic of Ireland international was replaced at half time and replaced by Steven Naismith, and Moyes confirmed that it was due to injury, although a tactical change was also needed to take control of the game.
Gibson was seen to be in pain after hammering a free kick goalwards late in the first half, and hobbled around for a good few minutes after getting back to his feet.
Moyes said: “Darron had a bit of a thigh strain. We were going to have to make some changes in any case to get a better grasp of the game.”
Gibson is still waiting to hear the result of an appeal to the FA against his dismissal against West Ham last weekend.