- The Opposition Low-down: Baggies to Battle the Drop Again
- The Opposition Low-down: No Great Expectations for Villa
- Atsu agrees to Everton loan
- Pienaar pushing for fitness
- The Opposition Low-down: Sunderland Seeking Steady Survival
- Atsu wants to come to Everton
- Youngsters heading North
- Today is an important day in our history
- Lukaku: This is where I belong
- Underdogs no more
Moyes confirms Gibson injury
The Republic of Ireland international was replaced at half time and replaced by Steven Naismith, and Moyes confirmed that it was due to injury, although a tactical change was also needed to take control of the game.
Gibson was seen to be in pain after hammering a free kick goalwards late in the first half, and hobbled around for a good few minutes after getting back to his feet.
Moyes said: “Darron had a bit of a thigh strain. We were going to have to make some changes in any case to get a better grasp of the game.”
Gibson is still waiting to hear the result of an appeal to the FA against his dismissal against West Ham last weekend.