- Legends signing Dave Hickson autobiography this weekend
- Evertonian Bill on his hero Dave Hickson
- EXCLUSIVE: Walton Hall Park stadium designs “done”
- Walton Hall Park plans could be submitted at start of next season
- Robles praises coach Bergara
- Blues quartet to be assessed
- The five most successful Everton loan deals
- Ross will be England’s greatest
- Baines suffers injury with England
- No heart of Stone for our John
Moyes confirms Gibson injury
The Republic of Ireland international was replaced at half time and replaced by Steven Naismith, and Moyes confirmed that it was due to injury, although a tactical change was also needed to take control of the game.
Gibson was seen to be in pain after hammering a free kick goalwards late in the first half, and hobbled around for a good few minutes after getting back to his feet.
Moyes said: “Darron had a bit of a thigh strain. We were going to have to make some changes in any case to get a better grasp of the game.”
Gibson is still waiting to hear the result of an appeal to the FA against his dismissal against West Ham last weekend.