- Martinez: Fourth is still achievable
- Holtby: My Dad wants me to play for Everton
- Legends ready to judge season ticket competition
- Youngster enjoying Everton game time
- Martinez: Intense fixture needs to be enjoyable for Everton
- Martinez: Players like Arteta should be punished
- Martinez hopeful of Deulofeu stay
- Martinez: Evertonians right to have belief
- Back Martinez to make success of Everton
- Martinez delight at Rom goal
Moyes confirms Gibson injury
The Republic of Ireland international was replaced at half time and replaced by Steven Naismith, and Moyes confirmed that it was due to injury, although a tactical change was also needed to take control of the game.
Gibson was seen to be in pain after hammering a free kick goalwards late in the first half, and hobbled around for a good few minutes after getting back to his feet.
Moyes said: “Darron had a bit of a thigh strain. We were going to have to make some changes in any case to get a better grasp of the game.”
Gibson is still waiting to hear the result of an appeal to the FA against his dismissal against West Ham last weekend.