- Roberto takes the Ice Bucket Challenge like a pro
- Diame set to sign?
- Wenger: Everton have quality to finish in top four
- Blues hold Eto’o talks
- Martinez: Final third clinicalness key
- Getting used to the New Everton
- Blues linked to Parisian star. Again.
- Intelligent Atsu will be important for Everton
- This. Is. Saturday.
- Atsu: Chelsea players told me how great Everton is
Pienaar delighted at landmark goal
Steven Pienaar is delighted to have scored against his former club, Spurs, and happy to have scored only the second headed goal of his career.
The Everton midfielder headed Everton level with the Blues’ 1000th Premier League goal, but it was the fact that it brought Everton back into the game that gave Pienaar most pleasure.
“What can I say, the past is the past,” said the South African on his return from an 18 month spell at Spurs.
“Now I’m back at Everton and you give everything for the club you play for. That’s what I do and I was just lucky to get a goal.”
“To score against your former club, it meant a lot to me and to the supporters. The timing was perfect. To score in the last minute, it was a special goal. The last header I scored was for Ajax in 2001 – my first goal in Europe. Today was only my second one so I’m quite pleased with it.”