- Henen heading to Leeds
- Injured trio making good progress
- Blues still tracking Ogbonna
- Jagielka: Garbutt at the right club
- Deulofeu: I always looked out for Everton
- Toffees tracking Deportivo keeper?
- Black Cats to move for McGeady?
- Gibson to be offered new deal
- Blues fail in Honduran striker bid
- Raft of fixture changes for Blues
Distin hails Osman influence
An ever present in the Premier League for the Toffees this season, Osman also earned his first full international England cap last November and Distin was quick to praise the 32 year old Blues academy graduate.
“He [Leon] is a great player and a funny guy as well,” the Frenchman told evertontv. “He is part of the reason why we have such a good atmosphere in the squad. He is always in a good mood and always working hard.
“He is a great guy and he really represents Everton – the Club is at this level because of guys like him. He is a very humble guy who is there for you if you need him. He is very important in the team.
“He is consistent – that’s what his strength is. Even on a bad day he is still doing his job, working hard no matter what.
“He is really good in the air for his size. That’s something that people don’t really talk about. He can jump and has scored some really good goals for us.
“You need a guy like that in your team.”