- Besic becomes a Blue
- Martinez: I expect 3 or 4 new faces in the next few days
- Besic on Merseyside for talks with Everton
- No news on deals from Martinez
- Coleman to miss Leicester clash
- Martinez: Henen will join the Under 21s
- Everton start pre-season with draw at Tranmere
- Coleman glad to be back
- Everton show interest in new Belgian Wonderkid
- Martinez building Everton foundations on youth
Duffy frustrated at lack of action
Shane Duffy has admitted his frustration at being sat on the bench while others continue to make mistakes in defence, but says he trusts his manager.
Duffy has found himself a patient watcher while John Heitinga has been preferred in the heart of defence despite costing a goal a game for the last three outings, and reckons he is ready for his chance.
“I haven’t played a league game in a full calendar year now,” said the Irish international.
“It’s been frustrating. You’ve just got to be patient and I have been patient to be honest.
“I’m just going to wait. I trust the manager, he knows what he’s doing with me so I’m going to let him do the right thing by me.
“I’m not going to argue with him. Would you? He’s not a man you’d want to argue with!
“Seriously, though, I wouldn’t be anywhere without him. He’s helped me a lot, he’s the one who signed me.
“I’m dying to get out really.
“The manager knows what he’s doing with me. Hopefully he can get me something sorted.
“Even if I’m staying with Everton, he says I’m not far off.
“I went to League One when I was 19. I think I’m ready now for just below the Premier League.”