- Martinez: Lukaku not our only strike target
- Besic: My style will suit the Premier League
- Everton sign Besic for undisclosed fee
- Everton On Tour
- TSS: Pre-season, Lukaku, Besic, and Youtube
- Martinez: The players did well in defeat
- Lukaku wants to come back to Everton
- The Opposition Low-down – QPR’s quest to the top
- The Opposition Low-down: Burnley back in the big time
- The Opposition Lowdown – Leicester finally return
Duffy frustrated at lack of action
Shane Duffy has admitted his frustration at being sat on the bench while others continue to make mistakes in defence, but says he trusts his manager.
Duffy has found himself a patient watcher while John Heitinga has been preferred in the heart of defence despite costing a goal a game for the last three outings, and reckons he is ready for his chance.
“I haven’t played a league game in a full calendar year now,” said the Irish international.
“It’s been frustrating. You’ve just got to be patient and I have been patient to be honest.
“I’m just going to wait. I trust the manager, he knows what he’s doing with me so I’m going to let him do the right thing by me.
“I’m not going to argue with him. Would you? He’s not a man you’d want to argue with!
“Seriously, though, I wouldn’t be anywhere without him. He’s helped me a lot, he’s the one who signed me.
“I’m dying to get out really.
“The manager knows what he’s doing with me. Hopefully he can get me something sorted.
“Even if I’m staying with Everton, he says I’m not far off.
“I went to League One when I was 19. I think I’m ready now for just below the Premier League.”