- Martinez: The club should reflect what the fans wantPosted 10 hours ago
- Everton to kick off new season with trip to NorwichPosted 21 hours ago
- Myers overwhelmed by positive responsePosted 1 day ago
- Everton appoint new Communications DirectorPosted 2 days ago
- No bids for Fellaini….yetPosted 2 days ago
- Pienaar stays strong on international retirementPosted 2 days ago
- Betis announce Everton friendlyPosted 2 days ago
- Martinez: New signings in the pipelinePosted 2 days ago
- Rats: If bids come in, Everton will sellPosted 2 days ago
- “Everton still want me”Posted 3 days ago
Howard: United didn’t let us play
Goals from Ryan Giggs and Robin Van Persie earned United a 2-0 victory at the expense of their opponents but Howard, who made his 250th appearance for the Blues at his old stomping ground, is of the opinion that it was United’s determination not to let Everton play their brand of attacking football that earned the Red Devils victory.
“You know that when you come away from home to Manchester United you are always going to have a long afternoon and you hope that it goes your way. Today it didn’t.” Howard told evertontv.
“A gentleman said to me how difficult it was for Everton to come here and get a result, and I reminded him how difficult it was for any Premier League team.
“It’s a tough place to play – they have got fantastic players and they make it very difficult. We didn’t perform as well as we possibly could have but that was down to the opposition.”
“The one thing that stood out for me was that they pressed us all over the pitch. They pressed us high up with three (players) and never let us get started.
“When we got it into our big players, the guys who make us go, they made it difficult. Across the board, they did a really good job at closing down.”