- Black Cats to move for McGeady?
- Gibson to be offered new deal
- Blues fail in Honduran striker bid
- Raft of fixture changes for Blues
- Toffees tracking Praet?
- Henen delighted to join “big club” Everton
- Villa want Garbutt on loan
- Jagielka happy over Cleverley capture
- Blues linked with Gamboa
- Fenerbache bid for Mirallas?
Moyes chasing Lampard?
David Moyes has earmarked Frank Lampard as a potential summer recruit, according to media reports today.
Lampard, who recently moved to second place in Chelsea’s all-time leading goalscoring charts, is out of contract at the end of the season and with speculation still surrounding the 33 year old about whether the Londoners will offer him a new deal, it is rumoured that Everton boss David Moyes is looking at the possibility of signing the midfielder.
Newspapers are speculating that Moyes would be willing to give Lampard a three year deal worth £80,000 a week, but with a few of his first team squad already over the age of 30, and Moyes’ unwillingness to offer his veterans more than a one or two year extension to their deals, it is increasingly unlikely that this is just paper talk.