- This. Is. Saturday.
- Atsu: Chelsea players told me how great Everton is
- Opinion: Toiling Toffees will improve despite opening day repeat scoreline
- Martinez: Barkley won’t be out for five months
- Rumour: Blues to sign Song on loan?
- Barkley will play again this season
- Toffees eye Marseille ace
- Naismith disappointed with draw
- Howard: Domination means nothing if you don’t win
- McCarthy lucky to survive Leicester tackle
Moyes chasing Lampard?
David Moyes has earmarked Frank Lampard as a potential summer recruit, according to media reports today.
Lampard, who recently moved to second place in Chelsea’s all-time leading goalscoring charts, is out of contract at the end of the season and with speculation still surrounding the 33 year old about whether the Londoners will offer him a new deal, it is rumoured that Everton boss David Moyes is looking at the possibility of signing the midfielder.
Newspapers are speculating that Moyes would be willing to give Lampard a three year deal worth £80,000 a week, but with a few of his first team squad already over the age of 30, and Moyes’ unwillingness to offer his veterans more than a one or two year extension to their deals, it is increasingly unlikely that this is just paper talk.