- Back Martinez to make success of Everton
- Martinez delight at Rom goal
- McGeady: I’m no luxury player
- Baines: Next two games vital
- Loan deals to continue at Everton
- Martinez blames “soft” penalty
- Everton’s FA Cup dream ends at The Emirates
- Naismith: We can dominate Arsenal again
- Martinez coy on Robles or Howard selection
- Martinez: Stones has it all
Moyes chasing Lampard?
David Moyes has earmarked Frank Lampard as a potential summer recruit, according to media reports today.
Lampard, who recently moved to second place in Chelsea’s all-time leading goalscoring charts, is out of contract at the end of the season and with speculation still surrounding the 33 year old about whether the Londoners will offer him a new deal, it is rumoured that Everton boss David Moyes is looking at the possibility of signing the midfielder.
Newspapers are speculating that Moyes would be willing to give Lampard a three year deal worth £80,000 a week, but with a few of his first team squad already over the age of 30, and Moyes’ unwillingness to offer his veterans more than a one or two year extension to their deals, it is increasingly unlikely that this is just paper talk.