- Neville: I would take Everton jobPosted 1 day ago
- Everton set to appoint new managerPosted 1 day ago
- Osman pens new dealPosted 2 days ago
- Alan Ball RememberedPosted 2 days ago
- Naismith: First season better than expectedPosted 3 days ago
- Klinsmann to be next Blue boss?Posted 3 days ago
- Fellaini refuses to rule out Everton departurePosted 3 days ago
- Moyes tips Neville as management materialPosted 3 days ago
- Moyes: Defeat harsh on performancePosted 4 days ago
- Kenwright knows Everton’s next managerPosted 4 days ago
Moyes chasing Lampard?
David Moyes has earmarked Frank Lampard as a potential summer recruit, according to media reports today.
Lampard, who recently moved to second place in Chelsea’s all-time leading goalscoring charts, is out of contract at the end of the season and with speculation still surrounding the 33 year old about whether the Londoners will offer him a new deal, it is rumoured that Everton boss David Moyes is looking at the possibility of signing the midfielder.
Newspapers are speculating that Moyes would be willing to give Lampard a three year deal worth £80,000 a week, but with a few of his first team squad already over the age of 30, and Moyes’ unwillingness to offer his veterans more than a one or two year extension to their deals, it is increasingly unlikely that this is just paper talk.