- Jags: We need to buck our ideas up
- Roberto Martinez is the best man for Everton
- Toffees chasing Barcelona midfielder?
- Martinez: No new injury concerns
- Martinez: Every game a final
- Howard: We are hard to beat
- Everton fined over Chelsea brawl
- Match Preview: Stoke City vs Everton
- Garbutt the right man to replace Baines
- Martinez: Baines a doubt for Stoke
Moyes chasing Lampard?
David Moyes has earmarked Frank Lampard as a potential summer recruit, according to media reports today.
Lampard, who recently moved to second place in Chelsea’s all-time leading goalscoring charts, is out of contract at the end of the season and with speculation still surrounding the 33 year old about whether the Londoners will offer him a new deal, it is rumoured that Everton boss David Moyes is looking at the possibility of signing the midfielder.
Newspapers are speculating that Moyes would be willing to give Lampard a three year deal worth £80,000 a week, but with a few of his first team squad already over the age of 30, and Moyes’ unwillingness to offer his veterans more than a one or two year extension to their deals, it is increasingly unlikely that this is just paper talk.