- Howard: Lukaku is a top player
- Kone ready for selection after Burnley game
- McCarthy: Evertonians are different class
- Martinez: Jags has raised his game to another level
- Barry happy with Euro clean sheet
- Martinez hails fantastic Everton support
- Martinez: Lille pitch let us down
- Opinion: Fan safety should always be paramount
- Everton fans given heavy handed treatment by French Police
- Martinez wary of Lille
Moyes chasing Lampard?
David Moyes has earmarked Frank Lampard as a potential summer recruit, according to media reports today.
Lampard, who recently moved to second place in Chelsea’s all-time leading goalscoring charts, is out of contract at the end of the season and with speculation still surrounding the 33 year old about whether the Londoners will offer him a new deal, it is rumoured that Everton boss David Moyes is looking at the possibility of signing the midfielder.
Newspapers are speculating that Moyes would be willing to give Lampard a three year deal worth £80,000 a week, but with a few of his first team squad already over the age of 30, and Moyes’ unwillingness to offer his veterans more than a one or two year extension to their deals, it is increasingly unlikely that this is just paper talk.