- Baines: I want to bring glory back to Everton
- Martinez: Samuel made a footballing decision
- Eto’o: Everton are a winning team
- The Summer that Roberto made
- Martinez: Eto’o still hungry for success
- Eto’o delighted to join Everton
- Coleman: The manager wants me to kick on
- Blues close to another Goodison sell-out
- Pienaar to miss Chelsea clash
- Witness the fitness??
Moyes: Uncertainty over me not affecting our form
David Moyes has refuted claims that the uncertainty surrounding his future at the club is affecting his team’s form.
The Toffees have won just one match out of their last five outing in all competitions, and Moyes insisted that the speculation over his future was not a contributory factor to results such as the 2-2 draw against League One Oldham in last week’s FA Cup match.
“I think that’s rubbish,” he said. “We’re still realistically playing for a place in the Champions League.
“Most seasons we’ve tended to finish sixth, seventh or eighth and if you ask the people who know football they would say that’s about as good as Everton can do,” said Moyes.
“We’ve probably been playing at our maximum for a long time at Everton – foot hard to the pedal – and I’m hoping we can go a wee bit further this season and maybe do better in the FA Cup.”