- Everton top Europa group after beating Wolfsburg
- Atsu: Blue move no mistake
- Blues charged after West Ham game
- Tuesday Thoughts: 400 up Osman a credit to Everton
- Martinez: Youth players to get opportunities
- Cowardly Tomkins defends his cheating
- Mirallas return pleases Martinez
- Hibbert: Osman is an Everton great
- The Old Fart’s Guide to: Following Everton abroad
- Naismith to sit out Wolfsburg trip
Moyes: Uncertainty over me not affecting our form
David Moyes has refuted claims that the uncertainty surrounding his future at the club is affecting his team’s form.
The Toffees have won just one match out of their last five outing in all competitions, and Moyes insisted that the speculation over his future was not a contributory factor to results such as the 2-2 draw against League One Oldham in last week’s FA Cup match.
“I think that’s rubbish,” he said. “We’re still realistically playing for a place in the Champions League.
“Most seasons we’ve tended to finish sixth, seventh or eighth and if you ask the people who know football they would say that’s about as good as Everton can do,” said Moyes.
“We’ve probably been playing at our maximum for a long time at Everton – foot hard to the pedal – and I’m hoping we can go a wee bit further this season and maybe do better in the FA Cup.”