- Toffees tracking Praet?
- Henen delighted to join “big club” Everton
- Villa want Garbutt on loan
- Jagiella happy over Cleverley capture
- Blues linked with Gamboa
- Fenerbache bid for Mirallas?
- Blues make Mertens enquiry
- Geri: Evertonians guided me home
- Cleverley chuffed to be Blue
- Garbutt honoured to pledge future to Everton
Moyes: We shouldn’t have panicked
Victor Anichebe and Phil Jageilka had seemingly put the Blues into the quarter final draw for certain after they had fallen behind to an Jordan Obita goal in the first fifteen minutes, but substitute Matt Smith nodded home with the last kick of the game to force a replay at Goodison Park, and Moyes failed to contain his disappointment following the match.
Moyes told evertontv: “We are still in the FA Cup but we are disappointed that we didn’t win it because we should have done better to either score another goal or to see it out.
“We had the chances to get the third goal but when you score two goals in any game you hope to win it.
“We just couldn’t get a head or the goalie’s hands on it. I thought there was a foul on the goalkeeper from the previous corner.
“I thought we could see it out but in the last five minutes we looked as if we were panicking a bit and we didn’t do the right things.”