- Match Preview: Crystal Palace vs Everton
- Howard making good progress to push Robles for place
- Martinez believes fans are behind him
- Martinez: Palace are our bogey team
- Martinez: Proper Evertonians are supporting their team
- Kone can replace Eto’o
- Konoplyanka wants Everton switch
- Eto’o thanks Martinez
- Besic quality excites Martinez
- Martinez handed injury boost
Howard sideline with broken back bone injury
Tim Howard is set for a spell on the sidelines after scans revealed the goalkeeper has broken two bones in his back.
The 32 year old, who was three appearances shy of breaking Neville Southall’s consecutive league appearance record, landed awkwardly following a challenge in the FA Cup victory over Oldham ten days ago and missed the win over Reading last weekend due to the injury. However, manager David Moyes has now confirmed that the American will miss a number of weeks of action due to the broken bones.