- Martinez hurt but still hopeful
- Poor team selection sinks Blues
- Martinez: We rejected £50m from United for Barkley
- Never forget
- Solid Stones has best distribution
- Juan Mata: Everton are spectacular
- Howard: We won’t hand Champions League back to Arsenal
- Martinez: Loan market perfectly fair
- Boss: We had to overcome mental block against “top four”
- Martinez: Breaking records makes statement
Moyes: Jelavic was unfortunate not to score
Jelavic had a clear-cut chance in the first half that many think he would have buried in his first season at Goodison, but a lack of confidence forced an extra touch and instead saw his effort eventually well saved.
The 27 year old Croatian, who is yet to score in the Premier League this calendar year, cut an increasingly frustrated figure as the game went on, but will be pleased that he is getting into positions where goals can come.
“I thought he was unfortunate,” said the Everton boss.
“He looked as if he was a wee bit closer to scoring. The goalkeeper made a couple of half decent saves from him.”