- Stones has huge future
- Everton want to go unbeaten until end of season
- Stones delight with first goal
- Martinez: We were the better team
- As one United fan found out today, Hillsborough chants get you kicked out at Goodison Park
- Match Report: Everton 3-0 Manchester United
- Martinez positivity only for the cameras
- Lennon investigated for attacking waitress
- Barry: Swerve City, Ross
- Roo still loves the Blues
Moyes: We deserved the win
“We deservedly got our goal and made a few chances,” he said. “But Reading were always a threat – they hit the bar and were always a danger because that’s the way the Premier League is. Whoever you play in the Premier League, the games are tight.
“I thought Seamus Coleman put over a brilliant cross for the first goal. He’d actually put in a couple of good crosses prior to that, but that one was a peach and gave [Fellaini] a really good chance of getting above the defender and heading home.”
Moyes was also full of praise for Steven Pienaar after the South African scored the pick of the goals to put Everton 2-0 up early in the second half.
“It was a great goal,” said Moyes. “I’m pleased because he’s an important player and I think one of the things which sometimes can be labelled at him, is that maybe he doesn’t quite score enough to go with it.
“He’s beginning to get us a few goals and today’s was right out of the sweet spot. It was good to see.”
Latest posts by Simon Paul (see all)
- Stones has huge future - April 27, 2015
- As one United fan found out today, Hillsborough chants get you kicked out at Goodison Park - April 26, 2015
- Martinez positivity only for the cameras - April 26, 2015
- Spurs cool Mirallas interest - April 24, 2015