- Martinez: We are a proper football club
- Howard: Everton is the place I love
- Everton consider Dundee tie-up
- Baines: We go again
- Martinez hurt but still hopeful
- Poor team selection sinks Blues
- Martinez: We rejected £50m from United for Barkley
- Never forget
- Solid Stones has best distribution
- Juan Mata: Everton are spectacular
Moyes: We deserved the win
“We deservedly got our goal and made a few chances,” he said. “But Reading were always a threat – they hit the bar and were always a danger because that’s the way the Premier League is. Whoever you play in the Premier League, the games are tight.
“I thought Seamus Coleman put over a brilliant cross for the first goal. He’d actually put in a couple of good crosses prior to that, but that one was a peach and gave [Fellaini] a really good chance of getting above the defender and heading home.”
Moyes was also full of praise for Steven Pienaar after the South African scored the pick of the goals to put Everton 2-0 up early in the second half.
“It was a great goal,” said Moyes. “I’m pleased because he’s an important player and I think one of the things which sometimes can be labelled at him, is that maybe he doesn’t quite score enough to go with it.
“He’s beginning to get us a few goals and today’s was right out of the sweet spot. It was good to see.”