- Moyes finally sees Everton win at Old Trafford
- Martinez: We played with arrogance at Old Trafford
- Oviedo: Everton one of the best
- Enjoying Martinez and the media
- Evertonians entitled to be angry with Moyes
- Martinez wants to break Moyes’ United hoodoo
- Man Utd v Everton – stat pack
- Martinez: We will assess Heitinga’s future
- “Three nil, and we still won’t sing”
- Martinez refuses to fuel Chelsea rift with Lukaku
Moyes: We deserved the win
“We deservedly got our goal and made a few chances,” he said. “But Reading were always a threat – they hit the bar and were always a danger because that’s the way the Premier League is. Whoever you play in the Premier League, the games are tight.
“I thought Seamus Coleman put over a brilliant cross for the first goal. He’d actually put in a couple of good crosses prior to that, but that one was a peach and gave [Fellaini] a really good chance of getting above the defender and heading home.”
Moyes was also full of praise for Steven Pienaar after the South African scored the pick of the goals to put Everton 2-0 up early in the second half.
“It was a great goal,” said Moyes. “I’m pleased because he’s an important player and I think one of the things which sometimes can be labelled at him, is that maybe he doesn’t quite score enough to go with it.
“He’s beginning to get us a few goals and today’s was right out of the sweet spot. It was good to see.”