- Martinez: We will heed lessons
- Have Everton missed the boat for a new stadium?
- Match Preview: Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Bryan going nowhere
- Distin to get farewell?
- Jagielka humbled by awards hat-trick
- New Everton kit revealed
- Everton End of Season awards ceremony to take place
- Everton duo in England Under-21 squad for Euros
- Everton have a rich history of signing Manchester United players
Moyes: We deserved the win
“We deservedly got our goal and made a few chances,” he said. “But Reading were always a threat – they hit the bar and were always a danger because that’s the way the Premier League is. Whoever you play in the Premier League, the games are tight.
“I thought Seamus Coleman put over a brilliant cross for the first goal. He’d actually put in a couple of good crosses prior to that, but that one was a peach and gave [Fellaini] a really good chance of getting above the defender and heading home.”
Moyes was also full of praise for Steven Pienaar after the South African scored the pick of the goals to put Everton 2-0 up early in the second half.
“It was a great goal,” said Moyes. “I’m pleased because he’s an important player and I think one of the things which sometimes can be labelled at him, is that maybe he doesn’t quite score enough to go with it.
“He’s beginning to get us a few goals and today’s was right out of the sweet spot. It was good to see.”