- Barry: Old Trafford win will boost us
- Oviedo: Win at Old Trafford was for fans
- Moyes finally sees Everton win at Old Trafford
- Martinez: We played with arrogance at Old Trafford
- Oviedo: Everton one of the best
- Enjoying Martinez and the media
- Evertonians entitled to be angry with Moyes
- Martinez wants to break Moyes’ United hoodoo
- Man Utd v Everton – stat pack
- Martinez: We will assess Heitinga’s future
Pienaar: Europe is still on the agenda
“We haven’t given up on Europe,” insisted Pienaar. “Hopefully we can sneak in by the back door.
“There is a bit less pressure on us to push. We will see how the other teams do but hopefully we can get there.
“Europe is important for the supporters. I think they enjoy going away! For me, it’s really good to play in European competition.
“After the Premier League there are only two bigger cups – the Europa League and the Champions League. All the players want to play in them, so it’s important for the club that we get European football.”
Pienaar was also delighted to get on the scoresheet against Reading yesterday, especially the quality of his goal.
“It was one to remember, especially with the left foot,” he added.
“I didn’t really decide that that was what I would do. When I got close to the 18 yard box, things started to open up and it bounced quite well to hit it so I took the chance and it went in.
“But most important was the win. We hadn’t won in the league for a while so it felt good to get all three points again.”