- Boss delighted at goalscoring prowess
- Coleman fit for Palace match
- Everton V Wolfsburg (Match Report)
- Martinez: We will take Goodison effect to Walton Hall Park
- Jags: New stadium is a must
- Everton v Wolfsburg
- Howard: We want to win a cup this year
- Walton Hall Park plans a step in the right direction
- Kenwright confirms Walton Hall Park plans
- Martinez gives injury update on quintet
Pienaar: Europe is still on the agenda
“We haven’t given up on Europe,” insisted Pienaar. “Hopefully we can sneak in by the back door.
“There is a bit less pressure on us to push. We will see how the other teams do but hopefully we can get there.
“Europe is important for the supporters. I think they enjoy going away! For me, it’s really good to play in European competition.
“After the Premier League there are only two bigger cups – the Europa League and the Champions League. All the players want to play in them, so it’s important for the club that we get European football.”
Pienaar was also delighted to get on the scoresheet against Reading yesterday, especially the quality of his goal.
“It was one to remember, especially with the left foot,” he added.
“I didn’t really decide that that was what I would do. When I got close to the 18 yard box, things started to open up and it bounced quite well to hit it so I took the chance and it went in.
“But most important was the win. We hadn’t won in the league for a while so it felt good to get all three points again.”