NSNO Forums > General Football Chat

Today's Football (2021/2022)

(1/839) > >>

YankeeBlue214:
Sorry to start this thread so early, but I didn't know where else to put this.

UEFA is scrapping away goals in all tournaments effective immediately. How the hell this will affect things, I don't know, but I'm all for single-leg knockouts on neutral grounds.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57599780

Jimmywhack:

--- Quote from: YankeeBlue214 on June 24, 2021, 09:47:20 PM ---Sorry to start this thread so early, but I didn't know where else to put this.

UEFA is scrapping away goals in all tournaments effective immediately. How the hell this will affect things, I don't know, but I'm all for single-leg knockouts on neutral grounds.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57599780

--- End quote ---
Still 2 legged affairs arent they?

The got scrapped to stop teams sitting back and playing for nil nils, they must think thats not an issue anymore

YankeeBlue214:

--- Quote from: Jimmywhack on June 24, 2021, 09:49:33 PM ---Still 2 legged affairs arent they?

The got scrapped to stop teams sitting back and playing for nil nils, they must think thats not an issue anymore

--- End quote ---

I hope not (I don't think that part is confirmed), but otherwise, your sarcasm is on point.

I suppose the argument could be made that the higher-seeded team should have that homefield advantage but it really puts a dagger into the chances for the lower-seeded teams IMO. Maybe it'll work? I don't have confidence in that though.

Jimmywhack:

--- Quote from: YankeeBlue214 on June 24, 2021, 09:51:26 PM ---I hope not (I don't think that part is confirmed), but otherwise, your sarcasm is on point.

I suppose the argument could be made that the higher-seeded team should have that homefield advantage but it really puts a dagger into the chances for the lower-seeded teams IMO. Maybe it'll work? I don't have confidence in that though.

--- End quote ---
Its hard to have confidence in any decision that UEFA make at present

GLewis:
They’re still two legged games

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with NSNO | Everton Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version