January 19, 2021, 12:02:29 AM

Author Topic: Movie Thread IV  (Read 126795 times)

December 17, 2012, 12:55:36 AM
Reply #1050

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Martin Freeman plays Bilbao (played by Ian Holm in LOTR) Frodos (Elijah Woods) uncle.

Watched Cloud Atlas last night..I think iv worked out what its about but its hard work!  Must say though: fantastic acting from Tom Hanks .

Classic idiot comment from myself there then haha!apologies lotr/hobbit fans
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 17, 2012, 01:05:52 AM
Reply #1051

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Do you like Cloverfield?

I fucking loved Cloverfield, yet everyone I ask how about it says its shit.

You know too many people with bad taste in movies then.  ;D

Cloverfield was excellent. Possibly the best "found footage" type movie around.  Agree about the cast of unknowns, really helped the film, as did its stubbornness to stay true to its idea, right to the end.

Was very disappointed with Abrams Super 8 though, which felt like a pale imitation of sorts.

Martin Freeman plays Bilbao (played by Ian Holm in LOTR) Frodos (Elijah Woods) uncle.

Watched Cloud Atlas last night..I think iv worked out what its about but its hard work!  Must say though: fantastic acting from Tom Hanks .

Where you see Cloud Atlas? Really want to see it but its UK release has been delayed till 2013. Buggers.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 01:07:15 AM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

December 17, 2012, 01:23:44 AM
Reply #1052

Gash

Global Moderator
I like Cloverfield, I always like those kind of alien/zombie/monster/disaster type movies. I Am Legend's on tonight at 10pm on ITV, that's another movie I like.

Craigeverton's going to go mental, he hates Cloverfield.

December 17, 2012, 01:34:34 AM
Reply #1053

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
I like Cloverfield, I always like those kind of alien/zombie/monster/disaster type movies. I Am Legend's on tonight at 10pm on ITV, that's another movie I like.

Craigeverton's going to go mental, he hates Cloverfield.

Dont say that! Craigevertons got an excellent taste in flicks from what I can gather, he cant hate Cloverfield!

IAmLegend is another one I enjoyed, which many people seemed to dislike. IRobot was another. Maybe Im a sucker for scifi, it would have to be REALLY bad for me not to get some enjoyment out of it, so long as it has a good "vision" of its environment (future / space etc).

Hell, I quite enjoyed Total Recall remake, but don't tell anyone about that.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

December 17, 2012, 01:37:02 AM
Reply #1054

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
DELETEMEPLS
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 01:37:16 AM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

December 17, 2012, 01:48:14 AM
Reply #1055

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
We almost went an entire year without someone mentioning Cloverfield.

Leave and don't come back.

December 17, 2012, 01:52:56 AM
Reply #1056

blaggerblue

You know too many people with bad taste in movies then.  ;D

Cloverfield was excellent. Possibly the best "found footage" type movie around.  Agree about the cast of unknowns, really helped the film, as did its stubbornness to stay true to its idea, right to the end.

Was very disappointed with Abrams Super 8 though, which felt like a pale imitation of sorts.

Where you see Cloud Atlas? Really want to see it but its UK release has been delayed till 2013. Buggers.

Movie2k..decent quality

December 17, 2012, 01:57:17 AM
Reply #1057

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Dont say that! Craigevertons got an excellent taste in flicks from what I can gather, he cant hate Cloverfield!

IAmLegend is another one I enjoyed, which many people seemed to dislike. IRobot was another. Maybe Im a sucker for scifi, it would have to be REALLY bad for me not to get some enjoyment out of it, so long as it has a good "vision" of its environment (future / space etc).

Hell, I quite enjoyed Total Recall remake, but don't tell anyone about that.

I too enjoyed I Am Legend. Dunno why, just did.

No excuse for the Cloverfield love though

December 17, 2012, 01:57:43 AM
Reply #1058

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Movie2k..decent quality

Ah, did that have 3 mins of Russian dialogue? Saw a good quality version, but that put me off.

We almost went an entire year without someone mentioning Cloverfield.

Leave and don't come back.

Am intrigued Craig, what didnt you like about it?
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

December 17, 2012, 01:59:40 AM
Reply #1059

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Ah, did that have 3 mins of Russian dialogue? Saw a good quality version, but that put me off.

I've seen it just the once, and on my way out the door. So Instead of fobbing you off with the "it's just ded shit" answer, I'll come back on later and post a genuine reason.

Lates.

December 17, 2012, 01:27:06 PM
Reply #1060

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Team Cloverfield!

;D

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 17, 2012, 05:34:12 PM
Reply #1061

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I thought Cloverfield was one of the better ones of that genre. The first half hour was boring and unnecessary, but it was entertaining.

Going with my brother in law to see L'Obbit on Friday.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

December 17, 2012, 08:54:20 PM
Reply #1062

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
I thought Cloverfield was one of the better ones of that genre. The first half hour was boring and unnecessary, but it was entertaining.

Going with my brother in law to see L'Obbit on Friday.

Hehe, L'Obbit.  Not sure if that's the French, or Yorkshire version.

Without any spoilers, let me know if there are -

* numerous camera shots swinging round a high and wide landscape while various people walk.

* Lots of shots of Gandalf looking very worried, and saying stuff about storms / horizons / darkness / things being fortold and or being beset.

* Bilbo doing a The Office style Martin Freeman open eyed gaze at camera.

* Elves talking the talk but not doing much walking, while the cinematographer tries to blind you to fuck with white and blinding white lighting and sets.

* Much foreboding, followed by more foreboding.

* A moment of stark quietness, followed by swift action and much noise.

And please tell me there is no Legolas in this one.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

December 17, 2012, 10:17:12 PM
Reply #1063

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Hehe, L'Obbit.  Not sure if that's the French, or Yorkshire version.

Without any spoilers, let me know if there are -

* numerous camera shots swinging round a high and wide landscape while various people walk.

* Lots of shots of Gandalf looking very worried, and saying stuff about storms / horizons / darkness / things being fortold and or being beset.

* Bilbo doing a The Office style Martin Freeman open eyed gaze at camera.

* Elves talking the talk but not doing much walking, while the cinematographer tries to blind you to fuck with white and blinding white lighting and sets.

* Much foreboding, followed by more foreboding.

* A moment of stark quietness, followed by swift action and much noise.

And please tell me there is no Legolas in this one.

I believe Legolas has a cameo?

December 18, 2012, 03:23:17 PM
Reply #1064

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

I don't like found footage. I can't think of one film I liked of that format, I'm not too keen on REC and Spanish horror is one of my favourite genres, which suggests I'm not singling out Cloverfield.

The marketing of Cloverfield blew me away, it was the first piece of viral marketing I got involved in and I got totally sucked in and I looked forward to it as much as, say, The Matrix. The film failed to live up to the hype.

Poor script, Caplan is an awesome and was totally suffocated by the piss poor script.

I've taken baths deeper than the characters, maybe that was the point, but I need a little character development to buy into them, and I saw none.

An entirely unmemorable film for something that was billed as an epic monster movie (again, great marketing), I realise now while writing this I'd have to go back and watch again to find more stuff I dislike about it. But then I'd have to get my hands on a time machine and travel back 5 years and buy into the hype again, and to be honest, it's not worth the trouble.