November 30, 2020, 07:19:15 PM

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Everton  (Read 58278 times)

January 14, 2012, 10:58:10 PM
Reply #315

Seaforth Blue

How are you doing up there on your high horses? Pricks.
Kopites are Gobshites

January 14, 2012, 10:58:34 PM
Reply #316

matty1878

thats a good point, considering all our problems we still need a STRIKER and a creative midfielder
row u seat 167 park end

January 14, 2012, 10:58:45 PM
Reply #317

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If that doesn't demonstrate how much we are desperate for a striker then I don't know what will

Yup. If we had Bent we'd have walked that game.

January 14, 2012, 10:59:08 PM
Reply #318

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

January 14, 2012, 11:00:54 PM
Reply #319

Bily No Pace

Yup. If we had Beckford we'd have walked that game.
Bily No Pace has no signature

January 14, 2012, 11:01:49 PM
Reply #320

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
How are you doing up there on your high horses? Pricks.

Now it;s suddenly our fault that we're not tits like you. Nice.

You could've just said "Sorry, got a bit carried away." and we would've moved on.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

January 14, 2012, 11:03:25 PM
Reply #321

The Binmans Union

Saha needs to be on the bench.

He needs to think how much better he is than the main striker and how different life would be if his knees weren't made of egg shells. Then, when he gets his chance, he comes on and shows his class and scores you goals.

Having him start every game as the main striker leads of one of two things, being injured or needing a rest.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:05:11 PM by The Binmans Union »
Major Clanger:

One is not necessarily born Ian Ross.

Some people are but many realise their being Ian Ross at a later stage of their lives.   They may even be married with kids when one day it just strikes them out of the blue: "Holy shit, I'm Ian Ross."

January 14, 2012, 11:03:53 PM
Reply #322

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Yup. If we had Beckford we'd have walked that game.

If we'd had any half decent striker we'd have walked that game.

Surely surely surely that has to be Saha's last chance. Give anyone else a run of 3 games and see if they can do better...please! Even if they hold the ball up, that'd be a start.

January 14, 2012, 11:04:34 PM
Reply #323

charlatan

Thought Cahill did ok in midfield, he put a shift in at least, which is all he can do at the moment, and hope a goal comes.  Saha was a disgrace tho (again)

January 14, 2012, 11:04:49 PM
Reply #324

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Pleased that we managed to turn it round when to be honest I thought we were dead and buried as soon as we went a goal down.

Made up that Vic put that one away and hope he can push on both in terms of performance and fitness.  Drenthe wasn't great, but lets judge him a bit more if he's still playing like that after a run of games.  Hopefully the people who don't understand the difference in performance which is often inherent in coming on as a late sub as opposed to starting a game will have had food for thought with that though.

I thought we were ok pretty much everywhere today, bar Saha who really does need to be rested for his own sake as much as anything.  As unlikely to score as Cahill is at the moment though, I thought he played alright.

Thought Gibson was decent without doing anything spectacular and hope for more from him once he settles in and gets match fit, and I thought Duffy was good and looks like he has the potential to make it.

January 14, 2012, 11:06:36 PM
Reply #325

Seaforth Blue

Now it;s suddenly our fault that we're not tits like you. Nice.

You could've just said "Sorry, got a bit carried away." and we would've moved on.
Haha, jesus lad. Ok, ok fairy muff maybe i should have put a ' :tongue:' there, but your actions and that of the other two planks was a wee bit out of order, you think?

Chill the fuck out.

Been coming on here for years, yet can believe you would actually think i was been serious. Now shurrup and giz a kiss.  :hug:
Kopites are Gobshites

January 14, 2012, 11:08:23 PM
Reply #326

Thom

Administrator
A little disappointed that we didn't get the three points. They were there for the taking in the first half and, as always, we didn't make it count.

I feel as though Drenthe suffered from playing on the left. He wasn't able to cut inside like he does on the right so it wouldn't surprise me if it was more frustration than anything else when he kept losing the ball after trying to take people on.

Gibson, Donovan and Fellaini all impressed today. Duffy had a solid debut too. Saha and Neville were poor again. We're desperate for a goalscorer and Hibbert to come back.

January 14, 2012, 11:09:34 PM
Reply #327

Ross

Thought Gibson played quiet well considering he signed yesterday.

Is Victor the answer? Because Saha isn't.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 14, 2012, 11:10:18 PM
Reply #328

The Binmans Union

Please with Gibson for the money. But do we have enough left to get a striker and a centre half in?
Major Clanger:

One is not necessarily born Ian Ross.

Some people are but many realise their being Ian Ross at a later stage of their lives.   They may even be married with kids when one day it just strikes them out of the blue: "Holy shit, I'm Ian Ross."

January 14, 2012, 11:10:22 PM
Reply #329

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
A little disappointed that we didn't get the three points. They were there for the taking in the first half and, as always, we didn't make it count.

I feel as though Drenthe suffered from playing on the left. He wasn't able to cut inside like he does on the right so it wouldn't surprise me if it was more frustration than anything else when he kept losing the ball after trying to take people on.

Gibson, Donovan and Fellaini all impressed today. Duffy had a solid debut too. Saha and Neville were poor again. We're desperate for a goalscorer and Hibbert to come back.

Yes.  I question whether Drenthe is fit for 90 minutes as well.  Neville was horribly exposed today.