November 23, 2020, 09:41:24 PM

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Everton  (Read 58176 times)

January 14, 2012, 11:14:52 PM
Reply #330

Bally

Administrator
Yes.  I question whether Drenthe is fit for 90 minutes as well.  Neville was horrible today.
fixed
It's the roll I way

January 14, 2012, 11:15:08 PM
Reply #331

Bluenose 91

Haha, jesus lad. Ok, ok fairy muff maybe i should have put a ' :tongue:' there, but your actions and that of the other two planks was a wee bit out of order, you think?

Chill the fuck out.

Been coming on here for years, yet can believe you would actually think i was been serious. Now shurrup and giz a kiss.  :hug:

What did you say?

Can't be arsed reading back.

January 14, 2012, 11:17:33 PM
Reply #332

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't think Neville was that bad to be honest.  Obviously he's not the future and ideally wouldn't be in the team, but I thought he was alright today.

January 14, 2012, 11:20:55 PM
Reply #333

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
What did you say?

Can't be arsed reading back.

He pleaded with the Villa players to please, please cripple Saha for good.

Fucking hilarious eh?
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2012, 11:22:17 PM
Reply #334

Shogun

Administrator
He pleaded with the Villa players to please, please cripple Saha for good.

Fucking hilarious eh?
get over it.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

January 14, 2012, 11:22:20 PM
Reply #335

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't think Neville was that bad to be honest.  Obviously he's not the future and ideally wouldn't be in the team, but I thought he was alright today.

A few good tackles but once Agblonghor went left he got battered. 

January 14, 2012, 11:23:05 PM
Reply #336

Geordie Blue

Reasonable performance but felt like a brilliant performance compared to some recent games. Refreshing line up obviously partly forced by injury and was really disappointed that Saha and Cahill started again! There's stubborn and then there's DM.

For me:

Howard 6.5 - couple of iffy moments.
Neville 7 - RB best position but distribution still sideways.
Heitinga 7 - steady game
Duffy 7 - looked the part and deserves credit for stepping up to Prem
Baines 6.5 - steady but not as involved as usual and some poor set pieces.

Donovan 7.5 - good on the break with some mixed crossing
Felli 7 - very good first half but got sloppy in second and not as effective
Gibson 7 Good debut and actually looks to pass forward!
Drenthe 5.5 - conceeded possession regularly

Cahill 5.5 no impact again
Saha 6 - good effort in first half and should have had pen but not doing it overall

Anichebe 7.5 - Goal and looked a handful when he came on - wrap him in cotton wool

Bily / Denis - unfair to judge
DM 7 but would be higher if braver and qearlier subs used

COYB

"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean

January 14, 2012, 11:24:40 PM
Reply #337

Ross

He was adequate, not awful certainly not great. I think his influence on the team is very much on the wain. In the past we have always had the comfort that all though he wasn't the best footballler he was a good leader and could organise the team. Now it looks like others are influencing him and telling him what to do.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 14, 2012, 11:25:24 PM
Reply #338

howard1334

Donovan did well. Duffy looked solid, though he was a little at fault on the goal, got dragged out of position. Saha and Neville truly are done and dusted. We had no one who we could have played in place of Neville, but i do think Saha should only come off the bench (it is how he scored his one, well taken, goal this year).

Gibson, as has been mentioned, looked solid, but I do question whether it was wise to spend money on him when we so desperately need a striker and moyes said he wants to bring in a defender.   Does anyone know how much he cost?

I think its time for Bily to go... We have gueye, Mcfadden, Barkley, Donovan, Anichebe and Drenthe who can play left mid, and we just dont need him. He looks short of confidence, and I think we could still sell him for around 4 or 5 mill, enough to maybe get some striker in.

Overalll, a point away to villa is not to bad of a result, but I thought the game was for the taking, particularly first half, so typical as of late. Good to see anichbe put in a good shift and score a good goal. I will agree with everyone that anichibes strike rate over the past few years was poor, but people seem to forget he was often playing out wide... Well hopefully he can grow into a good striker, as we surely need one. Not sure if he is ready to start.

That is all

January 14, 2012, 11:28:27 PM
Reply #339

sharpattack

Unfortunately I didn't see the game and will have to wait for the 2 minutes of highlights on MOTD. However, someone texted me that Clattencheat fucked us out of a penno? Any truth in this?
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

January 14, 2012, 11:28:41 PM
Reply #340

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
A few good tackles but once Agblonghor went left he got battered. 

Did he really get battered though, or did he just have a much tougher time?  I agree that he struggled but I don't think he was all that bad.

January 14, 2012, 11:29:04 PM
Reply #341

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
get over it.

Bluenose asked a question, I answered it. Nothing to get over.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2012, 11:30:50 PM
Reply #342

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Unfortunately I didn't see the game and will have to wait for the 2 minutes of highlights on MOTD. However, someone texted me that Clattencheat fucked us out of a penno? Any truth in this?

Nah his line of sight was blocked, and it wasnt as clear cut as Francis was making out tbh, if anything Crappenburg gave us the benefit of the doubt for 90% of the decisions.

Hes still a cock though.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2012, 11:31:06 PM
Reply #343

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

Seen them given hard for him to catch it though.  Saha was pulled back but didn't make much of it.  In theory that would have been a red card too.

January 14, 2012, 11:31:27 PM
Reply #344

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Overall reasonably pleased today,for most of the game I thought we had the better of them. Gibson and Duffy decent debuts, Donovan getting better each game. Also good impact from Vic when he came on. Still we need to sort a new striker out as Saha was pretty anonymous again
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!