January 22, 2021, 03:33:03 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Manchester City  (Read 59179 times)

February 01, 2012, 04:48:29 AM
Reply #270

AidyEFC9

Outstanding. Hibbert, Heitinga, Fellaini were great but Denis was just out of this world. I am proud that I am one of the few who has stuck by him, while many others just had him written off. That was the most amount of effort from a striker I have ever seen. Even when he was dead on his arse he was in for everything. Fucking brilliant, would be made up if we could sign him up

He was immense tonight, run himself into the ground and to go with the hard work he did good with holding the ball up and bringing others into play, MOT easily for me, i know Heitinga and Hibbo was solid but Stracq for his work rate and game play was brilliant.

February 01, 2012, 04:50:46 AM
Reply #271

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
I had shivers when I seen Straqs ovation, he was fucking superb and is much more than a workhorse.
This. Wish we'd started him earlier and took him off when he was blowing rather than giving him 10 mins at the end to change again. Oh well, he's coming on now and that's the main thing. P.S. - How chuffed were the lads at the end? The Goodison Spirit looked back in force!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 01, 2012, 04:53:11 AM
Reply #272

Geordie Blue

Outstanding. Hibbert, Heitinga, Fellaini were great but Denis was just out of this world. I am proud that I am one of the few who has stuck by him, while many others just had him written off. That was the most amount of effort from a striker I have ever seen. Even when he was dead on his arse he was in for everything. Fucking brilliant, would be made up if we could sign him up

Couldn't have put it better myself! Was amazing the ovation he got when he came off  ;D
"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean

February 01, 2012, 05:12:20 AM
Reply #273

NYToffee

Quite a few players who deserved MoM tonight (Fellaini and Heitinga in particular)...got to be Stracq, though. His hustle, intelligence and perseverance represented everything we've been missing over the past few months.

Hope he continues to turn in performances like that.

February 01, 2012, 05:14:37 AM
Reply #274

bigac

Great for Jelavic to see the effort expected from a striker at Everton and the appreciation that can be earned from the crowd.

February 01, 2012, 05:26:58 AM
Reply #275

efctaxi

I don't think I'm alone in feeling that Straq is starting to show he is an Everton player with Everton spirit. He has my affections at the moment. Drenthe is a funny one. He looks like he has the get up and go, and the bright ideas needed to succeed, and he shows flashes of brilliance and flashes of clumbsiness in equal measures. I think he'll come good, especially if we give him the love.

David Moyes deserves a lot of praise for tonight. It makes me happy when I see the guy smile.

February 01, 2012, 05:29:24 AM
Reply #276

Gash

Global Moderator
From BBCSport:- Man City boss Roberto Mancini admits he "did not prepare very well" for Everton game, thought it would be "easier"

What cunt, statements like that just make it all the sweeter.

February 01, 2012, 05:32:05 AM
Reply #277

Deano Blue Boy

I called it first;

EVERTON ARE BACK!

February 01, 2012, 05:53:25 AM
Reply #278

bluestevie

brilliant performance from the lads tonight, defended like lions and attacked when possible. was just written for gibson to score his first for us, being an ex united player. fellaini was a monster in midfield, hibbo was fantastic at the back. in fact i can have a single complaint against anyone, well bar the tit who handcuffed himself to the park end goal

the crowd was brilliant too despite being low again, i got goosebumps all over for the first time in ages. best atmosphere and performance of the season by far
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

February 01, 2012, 06:05:40 AM
Reply #279

JoeHart

As good as Heitinga was (and it was one his best ever games in a Everton shirt), the radio on the way home said he was MOM not Denis?

I though Denis was outstanding, they way he husslted and worked was very tevez like, albeit taking an extra touch at times to control it.

Really impressed by the big feller

I also noticed city put alot of focus on controlling baines and keeping him marked when everton had the ball

howard didnt have alot to do.

Only 3 things dissapointed me tonight
1. Jelovik wasnt registered in time to play
2, I though some of nevilles distribution at times giving the ball straight back to city was very league 1 (but something we have got use to with neville)
3. I though gibson was awful, especially 2nd half, his passing even his short passes where poor, felli carried him for long periods. Im not having ago at him as I never expect much from him. But when your already prefering rodwell or osman to be in the team ahead of him, it doesnt give you much hope for any improvement from the lad. It was even worse than his villa performance.

Everton forever

February 01, 2012, 06:37:59 AM
Reply #280

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I honestly think Gibson is quality, he's a little bit rusty but he's going to be a very good player for us. What do we think of el traca? I told you his link up play is good! He's also very strong. Would you sign him?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 01, 2012, 06:52:39 AM
Reply #281

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
I honestly think Gibson is quality, he's a little bit rusty but he's going to be a very good player for us. What do we think of el traca? I told you his link up play is good! He's also very strong. Would you sign him?

For what he's done to return our bottle , spirit, and everything else wev'e been missing? lets wait and see. If you burst into tears for scoring a goal run your bollocks of till they nearly fall off? definitely. Just needs to keep doing it. Is improving all the time. If he can do that for a contract, get the crowd singing and standing ovations ? would you?
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

February 01, 2012, 07:02:17 AM
Reply #282

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Great to see Moyes happy for once, I think the signings really helped give everyone a boost. Really great to hear Goodison back to sounding alive.

Great effort by the players, that was difference to tonight. Happy to see the support for Straq for the shift he put in, plus the effort Drenthe showed perhaps he is capable of listening. I'd kind of written a permanent stay out for him but if he tracks back as he was doing tonight he may yet win Moyes over.

Great clean sheet too, a bit of luck on that score but perhaps Hibbert and Heitinga are the future :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:03:55 AM by blueToffee »

February 01, 2012, 07:38:42 AM
Reply #283

Running Blue

As good as Heitinga was (and it was one his best ever games in a Everton shirt), the radio on the way home said he was MOM not Denis?

I though Denis was outstanding, they way he husslted and worked was very tevez like, albeit taking an extra touch at times to control it.

Really impressed by the big feller

I also noticed city put alot of focus on controlling baines and keeping him marked when everton had the ball

howard didnt have alot to do.

Only 3 things dissapointed me tonight
1. Jelovik wasnt registered in time to play
2, I though some of nevilles distribution at times giving the ball straight back to city was very league 1 (but something we have got use to with neville)
3. I though gibson was awful, especially 2nd half, his passing even his short passes where poor, felli carried him for long periods. Im not having ago at him as I never expect much from him. But when your already prefering rodwell or osman to be in the team ahead of him, it doesnt give you much hope for any improvement from the lad. It was even worse than his villa performance.

My commiserations to Manchester City mate.  We're just a better team than your lot.

February 01, 2012, 07:42:33 AM
Reply #284

bryan

So proud of the team, manager and club tonight.  This is the fighting spirit that we are known for and long may it continue.  The Manchester billionaires were outfought and out-hustled tonight.  Straq was everything we want in a striker.  As mentioned earlier, I hope Jelavic understands what is expected of him.

COYB!!!