April 14, 2021, 03:00:31 AM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread (First Post Regularly Updated With New Info)  (Read 549195 times)

August 31, 2012, 03:12:22 AM
Reply #15

AidyEFC9

FourthOfficial_ 5million euros rising to 6.3million euros with appearances, so roughly 3.8million [pounds] ish

Apparently.

For a player that is supposedly in his final year of his contract, that seems steep to me, and especially for LB cover!.

Surely there's a decent RB out there for that much, unless Moyes feels Coleman is going to be our main RB in years to come?.

As for us being in for a midfielder, i wouldn't mind Benayoun on loan. He can play anywhere in midfield, especially attack wise and would be a great squad player, although 32/33 he's still got quality to unlock defences and could be great to use from the bench when games are tight.

August 31, 2012, 03:19:42 AM
Reply #16

AidyEFC9

Agent King ‏@FootyAgentKing
David Villa is en route to #MCFC as speak for medical, Lewis Holtby is also expected to arrive at #EFC shortly for medical

This lads unreal, as he got anything right this summer?. Would absolutely love it if we was to sign a player of Holtby's quality but it ain't gonna happen this window!.

August 31, 2012, 03:24:13 AM
Reply #17

AidyEFC9

Is Holtby a left mid? Can't see that happening now that Oviedo can cover that position.

Can play anywhere in the 3 attacking mid positions, mainly centrally though.

Off mcnulty

@GazSmiley Think Nzonzi of Blackburn under consideration but lots can happen yet.

Nzonzi wouldn't be a bad signing, few whisperings of late in the press and forums that were interested in him, so who knows, loan deal perhaps?.

August 31, 2012, 03:25:56 AM
Reply #18

AidyEFC9

Holtby can play anywhere in midfield. He is however excited about CL footy and being given the No.10 role at shalke. He wants to stay there for a final season before leaving on a free.
From what I've read in his interviews couple of weeks ago!

Mate, if Schalke want to cash in now before they lose him for nothing then they will do if they can!. But who's to say he & Schalke don't have a blinding season and he signs a new deal?.

August 31, 2012, 03:31:17 AM
Reply #19

AidyEFC9

Initial reports in Denmark stated £2million, then within an hour it was £5m in the UK

Ha, sounds about right!. 2m Euro's i read, which for a player in his final year, and playing in, well, shall we say a shit league, sounds more realistic to me!.

August 31, 2012, 03:33:07 AM
Reply #20

AidyEFC9

Schalke have just signed Affellay on loan. Whether that's to replace a player leaving I don't know.

Have they signed him then, i knew they was in for him like and close to a deal?!.

And people on Twitter kept saying that once Schalke signed Afellay that would allow them to sell Holtby but ya can't believe everything (if anything!) on Twitter aye!.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:34:54 AM by AidyEFC9 »

September 01, 2012, 05:47:24 PM
Reply #21

AidyEFC9

From what people are saying and that vid it would seem he will be taking Rodwell's place in the squad and is a similar type of player. I very much doubt he is anywhere near as good or highly thought of as Rodwell, but still worth a shot on loan for the year to see how he does.

Young, strong midfielder, who can get up and down the field and hit the ball from long-range. Hopefully he does enough to impress and bring him in permanently at the end of the year.

It means we now have replaced every outgoing player from last season.

I know it's only youtube but this Odjidja-Ofoe lad looks better than Rodwell!. Big and powerfull, can run with the ball, pick a pass, shoot, take set pieces, looks like he's got the lot!.

I know you cant take too much judgement from youtube clips but he as 3 Belgium caps and is in and amongst the squad which is full of quality midfielders these days with the likes of Felli, Defour, Witsel, Dembele etc, etc so he cant be that bad IMO!.

I'm quite excited by him and how are squad is shaping up, got good balance to it, quality in most, if not all positions, some youth with experience and a little bit of depth to it now!. Could be a very good season for us this!.