April 11, 2021, 10:18:04 PM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Stoke City  (Read 39150 times)

March 31, 2013, 02:29:27 AM
Reply #210

Shogun

Administrator
Thank fuck for that.

Great performance from Howard on his return too.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

March 31, 2013, 02:33:16 AM
Reply #211

dunkster

Well in the boys. Difficult to play late kick off with your rival teams having played and won.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 31, 2013, 02:33:38 AM
Reply #212

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Results are all that matter at this stage of the season, so job done.  We'd have conceded in a game like that sometimes this season, so hopefully that was a sign of some mental toughness returning.

Fucking massive game next week now though.

March 31, 2013, 02:34:52 AM
Reply #213

Thornton_19

Results are all that matter at this stage of the season, so job done.  We'd have conceded in a game like that sometimes this season, so hopefully that was a sign of some mental toughness returning.

Fucking massive game next week now though.

We best not play three at the back against Spurs!

March 31, 2013, 02:35:58 AM
Reply #214

minty

Thank fuck for that.

Great performance from Howard on his return too.

You havin a laff? He only made 3 saves- one of which was an awful palm right back into the center of the goalmouth which was unbelievably put wide. Very quiet game he had after that.

Best performers were Baines and Coleman for me. Anichebe did pretty well too. Rest distinctly average.

March 31, 2013, 02:37:39 AM
Reply #215

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
We best not play three at the back against Spurs!

I think there's a fair chance we will to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if he kept the same side with both Fellaini and Pienaar still out.

March 31, 2013, 02:38:23 AM
Reply #216

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
No Moyes just subbed him after like 80 minutes, people need to realise that just because he's being careful with him doesn't mean he's constantly going off injured.

I thought he had his shorts rolled up and was feeling the back of his calf thigh again? I'd just come back into the room so may have misunderstood.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:43:48 AM by blueToffee »

March 31, 2013, 02:38:51 AM
Reply #217

Danny

You havin a laff? He only made 3 saves- one of which was an awful palm right back into the center of the goalmouth which was unbelievably put wide. Very quiet game he had after that.

Best performers were Baines and Coleman for me. Anichebe did pretty well too. Rest distinctly average.

One was a world class save that would have had us behind early in the game.

March 31, 2013, 02:39:35 AM
Reply #218

Danny

I thought he had his shorts rolled up and was feeling the back of his calf again? I'd just come back into the room so may have misunderstood.

You might be right mate, I didn't see anything it's just it seems like every week people assume he's injured because he doesn't play the whole game.

March 31, 2013, 02:39:49 AM
Reply #219

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
How do they foul over and over = no yellow, Barklay 1 foul = yellow?

They should've had more cards but Barkley kicked it away in front of the ref, that was a bit dumb to be honest.

March 31, 2013, 02:40:54 AM
Reply #220

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
One was a world class save that would have had us behind early in the game.

Minty does have a point about him palming it back out rather than away though.  It wasn't awful that he did it, but there would be a bit of an inquest in to it if Walters had put away the rebound.

He was decent though and seemed to cope pretty well with the Stoke bombardment

March 31, 2013, 02:42:58 AM
Reply #221

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
You might be right mate, I didn't see anything it's just it seems like every week people assume he's injured because he doesn't play the whole game.

Checked the OS:

@Everton79 mins: Everton also make a substitution as Barkley replaces the goalscorer Mirallas who walks off holding his thigh. #EFC

Boo.

March 31, 2013, 02:52:54 AM
Reply #222

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Great goal by Mirallas masks how bad that 352 worked
Simply simply lovely

March 31, 2013, 02:56:16 AM
Reply #223

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Great goal by Mirallas masks how bad that 352 worked

I've not read the match thread so don't know what the group consensus was, however it seemed to be a 3-4-2-1 to me and there were positives to be taken from it considering we'd not played it before.

Certainly don't think it was terrible.

March 31, 2013, 03:08:57 AM
Reply #224

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I've not read the match thread so don't know what the group consensus was, however it seemed to be a 3-4-2-1 to me and there were positives to be taken from it considering we'd not played it before.

Certainly don't think it was terrible.

Yeah, it wasn't at all bad, and it wasn't 3-5-2. Certainly in the first half Stoke had no idea how to deal with it. In the second half they pressed up more but we failed to exploit the space opening up because they pinned back our full backs successfully.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.