April 11, 2021, 10:23:01 PM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Stoke City  (Read 39150 times)

March 31, 2013, 03:11:30 AM
Reply #225

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Minty does have a point about him palming it back out rather than away though.  It wasn't awful that he did it, but there would be a bit of an inquest in to it if Walters had put away the rebound.

He was decent though and seemed to cope pretty well with the Stoke bombardment

You can only palm it out wide if you either have enough time to push it very strongly or the ball has enough pace on it to just steer it wide. Neither was true here. He might have dealt with it better (there's always a better way to do things in hindsight) but it certainly wasn't a mistake.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

March 31, 2013, 03:12:47 AM
Reply #226

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
You might be right mate, I didn't see anything it's just it seems like every week people assume he's injured because he doesn't play the whole game.

Yes, he'd just received treatment before he was taken off, in fact he went off straight afterwards. Hopefully it's just a twinge but don't get your hopes up.

March 31, 2013, 03:15:24 AM
Reply #227

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I thought we created more than usual against Stoke, we seemed a bit unsure at the beginning but all in all it wasn't a terrible balance by any means. Could have been a different story if their early chance had gone in as it would have allowed them to sit back even more than they did.

March 31, 2013, 03:17:35 AM
Reply #228

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
You can only palm it out wide if you either have enough time to push it very strongly or the ball has enough pace on it to just steer it wide. Neither was true here. He might have dealt with it better (there's always a better way to do things in hindsight) but it certainly wasn't a mistake.

I wouldn't call it a mistake, but ideally he could have dealt with it slightly better and it was very lucky that we didn't concede from the rebound.  He did have enough time imo to have palmed it away as it was hardly point blank.

Anyway, I'm not really criticising him but I could see where Minty was coming from despite his criticism being OTT.

March 31, 2013, 03:32:10 AM
Reply #229

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't call it a mistake, but ideally he could have dealt with it slightly better and it was very lucky that we didn't concede from the rebound.  He did have enough time imo to have palmed it away as it was hardly point blank.

Anyway, I'm not really criticising him but I could see where Minty was coming from despite his criticism being OTT.

It wasn't point blank but it was coming towards his right while he was moving to the left, it's difficult to generate much power when that happens.

March 31, 2013, 03:32:32 AM
Reply #230

Dario Terracotta

Don't think we'd have won that without Big Vic today,stood up to their strong arm tactics and was a battering ram for us today,really impressed how the big fella is turning his career around.

March 31, 2013, 03:38:33 AM
Reply #231

coloradoblue

Don't think we'd have won that without Big Vic today,stood up to their strong arm tactics and was a battering ram for us today,really impressed how the big fella is turning his career around.

:thumbsup: totally agree

March 31, 2013, 03:39:46 AM
Reply #232

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Is it allowed to point out now how shit Gibson was today? Or is it too soon?

March 31, 2013, 03:42:38 AM
Reply #233

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

No he was poor and it was a shame as it appeared he'd turned a corner performance-wise against City.

March 31, 2013, 03:54:07 AM
Reply #234

howard1334

Really don't think he was to bad. Lost the ball a lot less than osman and miralles.

March 31, 2013, 04:24:50 AM
Reply #235

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

he was woeful, fail to see why he's so highly regarded on here
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 31, 2013, 04:31:47 AM
Reply #236

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Really don't think he was to bad. Lost the ball a lot less than osman and miralles.

Mirallas played as a striker, strikers lose the ball often.

Gibson's passing was absolutely atrocious today though, not even on the same patch as Osman.

March 31, 2013, 04:34:56 AM
Reply #237

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
he was woeful, fail to see why he's so highly regarded on here

When he gets his long range passing right, he can be pretty impressive. Today he didn't.

March 31, 2013, 04:37:30 AM
Reply #238

The Analog Kid

I thought Gibbo and Osman had quiet games today. I don't think any of our players were allowed to get into their game with Stoke's bully boy tactics.

Never seen Shawcross play in the flesh before- what an ale'ouse player. They're just a gang of thugs with a ball. They couldn't handle Mirallas running at them all game so proceeded to boot fuck out of a blue shirt that came near them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:39:23 AM by Analog Kid »

March 31, 2013, 04:51:20 AM
Reply #239

Thom

Administrator
Gibson's passing was under par today, but his off the ball work was tremendous. Didn't half cover Coleman well when Stoke tried to work their way down our right flank.