0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
19 (45.2%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Fulham v Everton  (Read 53805 times)

March 30, 2014, 09:31:06 PM
Reply #390

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
And credit to Mirallas, after the last few weeks. Did almost everything right after he came on, even won us intelligent corners to maintain pressure.

Yeah, having competition on the wings will get the best out of him and he did very well today.

March 30, 2014, 09:31:25 PM
Reply #391

jongre123

Massive credit to Naismith and Stones but Tim had one hell of a game today.

March 30, 2014, 09:31:36 PM
Reply #392

Bluedylan

I know naturally people are putting all their hopes on Barkley but I'm every bit as excited by stones. He's immense. Yet another potential world class player. (credit Moyes).

Can't remember a season where we have consistently had so many options of the bench. Brilliant.

I know Martinez went for him at Wigan, but he must be buzzing about the potential in Stones and Barkley that he has at his disposal.

If Roberto's style is going to really work in the long term, Stones is going to be one of the key players in the squad.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 30, 2014, 09:32:51 PM
Reply #393

The Good Citizen

Ahh the usual redshirt bollox to endure from souness post match. Do BT/Sky think that the one thing Everton fans want to listen to is some ex red shite talking bollocks? Is it too much to ask to get Sheeds, Reid or Ratcliffe on?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:33:55 PM by The Good Citizen »
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

March 30, 2014, 09:33:53 PM
Reply #394

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think Lukaku deserves to praise too. Did a lot of running and tracking back. Won the battle to get Baines away to make Naismith's second.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

March 30, 2014, 09:34:41 PM
Reply #395

Ross

having great options on the bench sure helps

Still got to make the right call though at the right time  ;)
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 30, 2014, 09:36:17 PM
Reply #396

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Still got to make the right call though at the right time  ;)
totally agree. It's an amazing position to be in that we have 6 players who he can rotate and know they can turn games when they come on
Simply simply lovely

March 30, 2014, 09:36:36 PM
Reply #397

Ross

Ahh the usual redshirt bollox to endure from souness post match. Do BT/Sky think that the one thing Everton fans want to listen to is some ex red shite talking bollocks? Is it too much to ask to get Sheeds, Reid or Ratcliffe on?

Souness is one of the least biased ex player pundit there is in my opinion, calls it like it is. He's praise for us is genuine as is his praise or criticism of them.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 30, 2014, 09:38:23 PM
Reply #398

sam of the south

Yeah, their recruitment policy is entirely intentional; as is the BBC's.

Propaganda, baby, plain and simple.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

March 30, 2014, 09:38:34 PM
Reply #399

Tinga

I honestly don't think we'd have won that under Moyes. Wouldn't have ever thought I'd be praising Naismith as much as I am right now, brilliant from him.

March 30, 2014, 09:40:49 PM
Reply #400

Amata

Brilliant win today even though our laboured start had me worried we would mess up.  Credit to Martinez with his subs today all 3 changed the game in our favour. Osman cannot play 2 games in a week though and there is no way Deulofeu is ready to go back to Barca. 

Naismith was excellent when he came on.  I think its the fact that he's up to full fitness, a couple of goals have given him confidence and Martinez doesn't shove him out wide in games.  I still think there is a bit more to come from him next season - his movement is superb.

Hopefully Ross' knock isn't too bad and he's back for Arsenal.

Oh and this was taken from the BBC website

Fulham 1-3 Everton
This also marks the first time since 2002 that Everton have won five consecutive Premier League matches. That run came in the pre-David Moyes era.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:41:27 PM by Amata »
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

March 30, 2014, 09:41:06 PM
Reply #401

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
And credit to Mirallas, after the last few weeks. Did almost everything right after he came on, even won us intelligent corners to maintain pressure.

He did everything we want from him today. McGeady also was great. Didnt need anytime to get up to speed with the game, was just ready to play his part, and that he did.
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 30, 2014, 09:41:25 PM
Reply #402

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Some fantastic play from Stones, but we look far more composed defensively with Jags playing. If Martinez was being truthful when he said Jags was fully fit, I think it was a mistake not playing him. Maybe drop Distin to keep Stones in (who was excellent), but please don't keep our captain out.

March 30, 2014, 09:41:41 PM
Reply #403

sam of the south

Souness is one of the least biased ex player pundit there is in my opinion, calls it like it is. He's praise for us is genuine as is his praise or criticism of them.

I agree, Sam , he is usually.

Now they are 'titles contenders' though, the generic arrogance is showing.

Bandwagon is rolling, y'all.

Great sub's today, really hope Ross is OK.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

March 30, 2014, 09:44:47 PM
Reply #404

Ross

Also forgot thank fuck that Barry avoided a booking, going to be tough next week and having him available could be invaluable