0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
19 (45.2%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Fulham v Everton  (Read 54035 times)

March 30, 2014, 09:45:01 PM
Reply #405

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Any word on Barkley? That's the only concern right now. Hope he didn't reinjure his toe or anything.

March 30, 2014, 09:45:28 PM
Reply #406

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Haven't seen all the match today and won't until later so someone else do ratings if you want.

March 30, 2014, 09:45:42 PM
Reply #407

Cozzie

Any word on Barkley? That's the only concern right now. Hope he didn't reinjure his toe or anything.

Calf injury if I remember the commentators.

March 30, 2014, 09:45:54 PM
Reply #408

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
calf apparently, dead leg maybe
Simply simply lovely

March 30, 2014, 09:48:00 PM
Reply #409

Cuttyblue

Brilliant win today even though our laboured start had me worried we would mess up.  Credit to Martinez with his subs today all 3 changed the game in our favour. Osman cannot play 2 games in a week though and there is no way Deulofeu is ready to go back to Barca. 

Naismith was excellent when he came on.  I think its the fact that he's up to full fitness, a couple of goals have given him confidence and Martinez doesn't shove him out wide in games.  I still think there is a bit more to come from him next season - his movement is superb.

Hopefully Ross' knock isn't too bad and he's back for Arsenal.

Oh and this was taken from the BBC website

Fulham 1-3 Everton
This also marks the first time since 2002 that Everton have won five consecutive Premier League matches. That run came in the pre-David Moyes era.

? Is that correct? I seem to remember we won 6 in a row in 2003 or 2004

March 30, 2014, 09:49:00 PM
Reply #410

Ross

Some fantastic play from Stones, but we look far more composed defensively with Jags playing. If Martinez was being truthful when he said Jags was fully fit, I think it was a mistake not playing him. Maybe drop Distin to keep Stones in (who was excellent), but please don't keep our captain out.

Yeah I've been thinking this for a while, when Jags is fit we can justifiably rest Distin. Stones has been great and will be fantastic in the future.

Him along with Coleman and McCarthy really have that winning attitude and that's a great thing for young players to have.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 30, 2014, 09:49:52 PM
Reply #411

Cozzie

? Is that correct? I seem to remember we won 6 in a row in 2003 or 2004

Correct.

Think it was when we beat the arse 2-1 (Rooney goal) and won the next 5 all by 1-0, Ended horribly by that Shearer goal against Newcastle.

Moyes was definitely the manager then so that stat is wrong.

March 30, 2014, 10:00:30 PM
Reply #412

hill135

The contrast between today and the same fixture last season is clear.

Last season we were winning 2-1 from two Fellaini goals. As it got closer to the end we sat deeper and deeper, inviting pressure until they got an equaliser from a defensive error on our part. It finished 2-2. Today when winning 2-1 we continued to play our football and we rewarded with a third goal which killed it as a contest.

We've gone from conceding the most in the last ten minutes last season, to scoring the most in the last ten minutes this; from losing points in the last ten, to winning them.

This is a result of the manager's approach, and it's why we're on course to break our Prem points total record.

March 30, 2014, 10:01:04 PM
Reply #413

The Good Citizen

Some fantastic play from Stones, but we look far more composed defensively with Jags playing. If Martinez was being truthful when he said Jags was fully fit, I think it was a mistake not playing him. Maybe drop Distin to keep Stones in (who was excellent), but please don't keep our captain out.

Nice problem to have though, I agree but for a kid Stones is asking all the right questions. Love seeing Jags on the pitch though.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

March 30, 2014, 10:09:48 PM
Reply #414

Thornton_19

Correct.

Think it was when we beat the arse 2-1 (Rooney goal) and won the next 5 all by 1-0, Ended horribly by that Shearer goal against Newcastle.

Moyes was definitely the manager then so that stat is wrong.

Might of won 6 in a row, but isn't this stat 6 in a row in the league?

March 30, 2014, 10:10:49 PM
Reply #415

blue slug

Think your right Thornton

March 30, 2014, 10:18:40 PM
Reply #416

Evertonian in NC

I overslept, thank fuck I had set the DVR just in case.  Never caught all the way up to live feed so couldn't join the match thread live.

Timmy saved our bacon completely.  I don't think Naisy even gets the chance to be heroic if not for Howard keeping us in the game.  Thus, he gets my MotM vote, though can't quibble with anyone voting for Naisy.

I forget which game it was when Distin REALLY bailed out Stones when he had an off day.  Stones repaid the favor today, and then some.

What a beautiful, intelligent pass from McGeady to set up the winner.  He's been immense lately, and our quality bench showings have me much less anxious about managing the extra Europa League games.

It needs pointing out what a commendable job Lukaku does being excited for his teammates when they score.  The kind of unselfishness you don't often see from such a yoyung player.  Partly why I am so keen to make him ours longterm.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

March 30, 2014, 10:21:04 PM
Reply #417

Trowel

Might of won 6 in a row, but isn't this stat 6 in a row in the league?
6 in a row all in the league: http://www.evertonresults.com/200203.htm
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

March 30, 2014, 10:26:24 PM
Reply #418

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
Possession stats at half time had Fulham way ahead. According to the BBC it ended up at 38% Fulham 62% Everton. That's some major swing of possession in the second half. They stopped hoofing. And went back to the passing game. Made a huge difference.
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

March 30, 2014, 10:27:23 PM
Reply #419

Alfie Noakes

Quote from the BBC:
Everton manager Roberto Martinez on Ross Barkley: "He has a knock on his calf. We expect him to recover quickly and hopefully he will be available for Sunday."