January 25, 2021, 10:03:50 AM

Author Topic: Deadline Day January 2015  (Read 70361 times)

February 02, 2015, 11:53:45 PM
Reply #165

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
People going on like he's Titus bramble here
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 02, 2015, 11:54:00 PM
Reply #166

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Over the past two years ive started to dislike Distin, mainly because of his attitude on twitter and to the fans at the end of games etc. As well as losing it pretty quickly and being a liability. However he had been great for us, and what we needed after losing Lescott.
Shame he couldnt get a move.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

February 02, 2015, 11:55:49 PM
Reply #167

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry, but in my opinion he's never been good enough for us, and always been seconds away from a disasterous fuck up.  Add this to the rumours that he's been the cunt in the camp with Etoo (which would seem to have some substance given we've been trying to ditch them both this window).

Never liked him in the same way I never liked Neville, and I don't like McGeady.  Not because Neville was a manc or anything like that.  Just because I think they are shit players and never good enough for us.  As I say, opinions.

That's fair enough then. I don't think he's been that bad myself and am sorry to see the way this season has panned out for him.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 02, 2015, 11:57:59 PM
Reply #168

charlatan

Dunno, there's definitely some resemblance

:thumbsup:

February 02, 2015, 11:58:48 PM
Reply #169

Django

'C3PO headed twat'? This is how you like to treat a player who has given his all for the football club over the last 5 seasons?

He's been a tremendous player for us and has saved us x amount of millions by continually proving us all wrong that he's too old to rely on. It's caught up with him this season, but he should be treated a hell of a lot better than that.

February 03, 2015, 12:01:03 AM
Reply #170

Ross

He's had his moments of madness over the years but really for £5m he was a great replacement for Lescott and formed a very solid back four for a number of years, age or something else seems to have effected him this season and we look a lot more solid with Stones next to Jags. If he goes I'd wish him well at his next club and be grateful with how his time here went because when he signed I expected him to be around for a couple of years at most, but he's pratically been un-droppable for us up until this season.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 03, 2015, 12:02:14 AM
Reply #171

Bluedylan

I'm amazed more players don't get a bit arsey or even abusive on twitter with some of the shit they have to put up with from sections of our fanbase anytime they have a bad game. I'd be getting booted out of the club, if it was me.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 03, 2015, 12:02:28 AM
Reply #172

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Distins been good overall. Seemed to have spells of being a disaster costing us goal after goal and being excellent....I never really took to him if I'm honest but for the majority of his time here he's been worthy of his place.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

February 03, 2015, 12:03:47 AM
Reply #173

charlatan

'C3PO headed twat'? This is how you like to treat a player who has given his all for the football club over the last 5 seasons?

He's been a tremendous player for us and has saved us x amount of millions by continually proving us all wrong that he's too old to rely on. It's caught up with him this season, but he should be treated a hell of a lot better than that.

If that has offended anyone, I apologise, but as I say, I've never liked him and as Lizz herself said "mainly because of his attitude on twitter and to the fans at the end of games etc".  I actually met him about 3 years ago, with a group of kids, and he was a right arrogant prick.

February 03, 2015, 12:04:36 AM
Reply #174

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Distins been good overall. Seemed to have spells of being a disaster costing us goal after goal and being excellent....I never really took to him if I'm honest but for the majority of his time here he's been worthy of his place.

I think you've put that quite well mate
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 03, 2015, 12:06:17 AM
Reply #175

charlatan

He's been worthy of his place in that we've had nobody better to put in there, but that's a whole different story.

February 03, 2015, 12:06:22 AM
Reply #176

Django

If that has offended anyone, I apologise, but as I say, I've never liked him and as Lizz herself said "mainly because of his attitude on twitter and to the fans at the end of games etc".  I actually met him about 3 years ago, with a group of kids, and he was a right arrogant prick.

Getting wound up by the way someone acts on Twitter is a bit OTT. I couldn't care less how he acts on Twitter or how arrogant he is, he's been a great player for us.

I make my judgments on players' performances on the pitch, not on Twitter.

February 03, 2015, 12:08:24 AM
Reply #177

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
Distin was a decent buy and he's done well for the club. I've been happy with him and I wish him the best when he moves on. He's never hurt a fucking fly I can't understand the personal slights towards him either.
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

February 03, 2015, 12:13:06 AM
Reply #178

Django

Seen Newcastle? Loaning 5 youngsters to Rangers. That Curtis Good, Birigirama and a few others. Mike Ashley ey.

February 03, 2015, 12:13:47 AM
Reply #179

charlatan

The great centre halfs we've had down the years, to be honest, Distin (or Jagielka to be fair) aren't fit to lace their boots.  As someone that grew up watching the likes of Ratcliffe, Mountfield, Watson, then latterly Weir, Gough, Lescott, even Stubbs, I think it's criminal that we've had such an accident prone centre half as 1st choice for so long.

John Stones on the other hand could prove to be the best we've ever had.  Wonder if we could inject some of his stem cells into one of the youth team?