2 (3.8%)
Gibson (Sub)
25 (47.2%)
Atsu (Sub)
1 (1.9%)
Mirallas (Sub)
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester  (Read 57712 times)

February 22, 2015, 10:06:34 PM
Reply #540

Cozzie

To put things in to perspective and due to the fact that i've calmed down a little, we weren't actually that bad at all today.

We conceded 2 goals mainly down to Howards goalkeeping being utter farcical.

We had an absolute shit tonne of chances that for one reason or another we couldn't put them away, Lukaku being the main culprit, but if you see the fact he scored three on thursday compared today that is how football goes sometimes.

Howard HAS to be dropped, if Martinez has any tezzies on him at all.

The thing I liked most today was the performances of Atsu and Gibson, we looked very comfortable on the ball when the change was made and Atsu probably had his best game for us and he wasn't actually on the wing.

Gibson I thought was brilliant. I have been saying this all along, its easy to forget just how underrated a footballer he actually is.

He is a rolls royce type of player providing you can get him out of the garage, stay injury free and he is a sound replacement for Barry.

He has a good range of passing and is much more composed on the ball than people give him credit for, can shoot well from distance too, would like to see him start a lot more games between now and the end of the season.

Europe aside this season can't end quick enough, I am sure i'm not alone in saying this season can well and truly just fuck off and end providing we get to 40 points quick as possible.

If you can't get three points at home to the side at the bottom of the league then I struggle to see where we will get them this season, but the way its gone we will probably beat Arsenal next week or something like that.

I can't remember a season which has been so devoid of good performances. Even when we have been shite in the past there was the odd number of games where it all just went together. I cant remember a season like this ever, it's just like it has never ever got started.

February 22, 2015, 10:06:40 PM
Reply #541

cantoffee

Could have scored a hatful today.

I actually thought Rom played well other than his finishing, good hold up play, linked up well, and set up Naismith for the first.

Naismith and Gibson though the only two who really stood out for me. Naismith for the goal and for what should have been two great assists to Rom and Atsu. Gibson who really showed what it's like to have a CM who isn't afraid to play a forward pass into a tight space and overall sprayed the ball around really well.

Poor at times defensively, and I'm not sure you can entirely blame the first goal on Howard who made the right decision but had the ball come back off Stones. Terrible for the second though and overall really poor today from him.

We really are horrendous this year though. 2 wins in our last 13 games, and this is apparently us finding our form again.

February 22, 2015, 10:06:47 PM
Reply #542

KoemansNumberTens

I want one thing from rom and that's goals. In most games I'm quiet as he rarely gets the service his game needs. But today he got a multitude of chances from great service and did nothing with it.

He was poor.

He rarely got service cos he was shite. Hes now contributing much more. Finishing has been a bit off but hes playing his part recently. They say you worry when you dont get in the position to score rather than you miss a few. Early in the season hed play full games looking a little like a stockier Stephen Hawkins and everyone defended him. Now hes playing quite well hes getting slagged off. Players miss chances. I have a problem when he does fuck all. Was good today. A constant threat. Missed plenty but on another day he scores 3. Im quite happy if we get this level from him every week

February 22, 2015, 10:07:21 PM
Reply #543

Shogun

Administrator
Atsu was very very mcgeady.

Couldn't disagree more there mate.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

February 22, 2015, 10:07:51 PM
Reply #544

hill135

Don't see how anyone can point the finger at Lukaku. We created the chances and scored twice. Scoring twice at home to a Leicester side with a back 5 should suffice.

We didn't get three points because of Tim Howard's handling. Simple.

February 22, 2015, 10:08:16 PM
Reply #545

Yobo2008

Didn't notice him thursday
I did post on Thursday dickhead saying how much of an improved performance it was. And for the record ill post when i want not when you and several other dickheads say i can.

February 22, 2015, 10:08:30 PM
Reply #546

chang

Coming from behind for a home draw against that shower of shite, 6 points off relegation zone with only 1 win in 10 and put first choice calamity keeper fit and raring to go, time to lump my money on us going down, at least it'll be some form of silver lining..

Blame Howard, Lukaku, Martinez or any of them, bottom line, fuckin dreadful!

Put your money where your mouth is..... I'll bet you £100 we don't get relegated.

Yet another disappointing day I agree.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:09:34 PM by chang »

February 22, 2015, 10:09:32 PM
Reply #547

KoemansNumberTens

His chances came from much improved service to him. In fact he would have had even more chances had he ran a little more intelligently, as pointed out at half time.

He doesn't create chances in the box by himself, he is supposed to put them away. That's what I judge him and only him on, as that's his job.

Service isnt just the passer. Theres his movement and physicality too. When he gets no service its partly down to him and when hes getting lots of chances he deserves much of the credit

February 22, 2015, 10:09:38 PM
Reply #548

Everton Mint

Just another ride on the Everton rollercoaster.

After the massive up on Thursday, I knew what was coming...

February 22, 2015, 10:09:46 PM
Reply #549

Simon Paul

Administrator
Sat in the car fuming here

February 22, 2015, 10:10:32 PM
Reply #550

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I did post on Thursday dickhead saying how much of an improved performance it was. And for the record ill post when i want not when you and several other dickheads say i can.

Do you remember complaining about name calling?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 22, 2015, 10:12:05 PM
Reply #551

KoemansNumberTens

Put your money where your mouth is..... I'll bet you £100 we don't get relegated.

Yet another disappointing day I agree.

We wont but your offer of even money isnt overly generous

February 22, 2015, 10:13:19 PM
Reply #552

Juanito

One thing I have noticed about Howard is his lead feet.  Seems to be sluggish to move like Distin was earlier in the season. Slow to come out and help the defence, slow to react with feet, see near post goals and no leap. He is finished. 

February 22, 2015, 10:14:50 PM
Reply #553

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Do you remember complaining about name calling?

We really doing this shite again?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 22, 2015, 10:15:04 PM
Reply #554

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Good to see Gibbo back. I hope he stays fit
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: