2 (3.8%)
Gibson (Sub)
25 (47.2%)
Atsu (Sub)
1 (1.9%)
Mirallas (Sub)
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester  (Read 57546 times)

February 22, 2015, 11:08:41 PM
Reply #600

KoemansNumberTens

Complete performance would include scoring sitters though, no?

Believe me I want a complete performance, but it starts and ends with putting away chances put on a plate to you.

Hes got to have some responsibilty for a lack of service and so some credit when he does get on the end of chances. Hes been involved with both goals and hes contributed in terms of our general play too

February 22, 2015, 11:09:44 PM
Reply #601

Yobo2008

Barkley further back or not at all for me.

February 22, 2015, 11:10:00 PM
Reply #602

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
On another day he scores 6 on Thursday and 3 today. Previously on another day he might as well not be there. Im honestly staggered. If hed contributed nowt today. No effort, no physicality, no movement, created nothing, been on the end of nowt everyone would have defended him

Today he looked like a good striker who had an off day infront of goal. Previously hes been useless. He was good today.

I agree. It was a bad day at the office for him in goals respect. Even the one he put over the bar he actually did almost everything right - putting it high to the side of a keeper who was positioned to go low - just that bit too high and wide.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 22, 2015, 11:10:40 PM
Reply #603

chang

To be fair your odds aren't great, I'd gladly hand you over 100 now if it guaranteed our safety, the 66-1 the bookies are offering seems a lot more generous....

You would actually put money on "your" team getting relegated ? Never thought an Evertonian would do that to be honest.

February 22, 2015, 11:10:51 PM
Reply #604

Robioto

This is arguably the most pissed off, angry, frustrated and deflated I've ever been as an Everton fan. I'm running out of patience with this shit. I've been positive throughout this poor run, but I've snapped today. I completely lost it in the second half.

Even the win on Thursday was annoying, Stones getting sent off and despite scoring a hat trick he missed a lot of other chances. That carried on today, he was terrible in front of goal, it's depressing.

I'm going to the Arsenal game as well, my mate got me a ticket in the Arsenal end. That will be fun...

February 22, 2015, 11:12:51 PM
Reply #605

Bluedylan

It's silly to criticise Rom for missing a few chances. Every striker does that at times. He's converted well all season from a limited number of chances. That part of his game isn't under any doubt. As MLT says it's more his whole contribution that's legitimately been under question at times and he showed a complete game today and on Thursday. That's much more encouraging. He'll score loads if he carries on playing the way he has in the last two games.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 22, 2015, 11:12:54 PM
Reply #606

Shogun

Administrator
In the grand scheme of things, this is the difference between finishing midtable and finishing midtable.

Martinez has my backing unless (until) he fucks up in the Europa League.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

February 22, 2015, 11:13:43 PM
Reply #607

KoemansNumberTens

This is arguably the most pissed off, angry, frustrated and deflated I've ever been as an Everton fan. I'm running out of patience with this shit. I've been positive throughout this poor run, but I've snapped today. I completely lost it in the second half.

Even the win on Thursday was annoying, Stones getting sent off and despite scoring a hat trick he missed a lot of other chances. That carried on today, he was terrible in front of goal, it's depressing.

I'm going to the Arsenal game as well, my mate got me a ticket in the Arsenal end. That will be fun...

Really dont get it. We could have won 4 or 5 nil. Do none of us remember Hull where we could have lost 4 or 5 nil. We are actually on a good run at least performance wise
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:14:22 PM by MartinezsLeftTeste »

February 22, 2015, 11:14:32 PM
Reply #608

Robioto

It's silly to criticise Rom for missing a few chances. Every striker does that at times. He's converted well all season from a limited number of chances. That part of his game isn't under any doubt. As MLT says it's more his whole contribution that's legitimately been under question at times and he showed a complete game today and on Thursday. That's much more encouraging. He'll score loads if he carries on playing the way he has in the last two games.

I understand that, but they aren't just a few half chances they are sitters. Still I'm frustrated today and probably not being very reasonable.

February 22, 2015, 11:14:50 PM
Reply #609

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley further back or not at all for me.

Finding his best position is a must. He needs to find it and be allowed to develop there. Chopping and changing him wastes the talent he has and drains confidence.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 22, 2015, 11:16:05 PM
Reply #610

sirblue57

Really dont get it. We could have won 4 or 5 nil. Do none of us remember Hull where we could have lost 4 or 5 nil. We are actually on a good run at least performance wise

did you see the game? howard is NOT on a good run, and hasn't been all season, and a fortunate point at home is not a good run, we are spluttering along sometimes good sometimes ok sometimes awful
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 22, 2015, 11:17:38 PM
Reply #611

KoemansNumberTens

Finding his best position is a must. He needs to find it and be allowed to develop there. Chopping and changing him wastes the talent he has and drains confidence.

Further forward for me and told he can lose the fucking ball sometimes. Hes trying to be xavi and its not his game. Pick it up run with it take shots and look for a bit of magic. As a team and him individually we/he values possession way too much

February 22, 2015, 11:18:51 PM
Reply #612

wepull

I thought we were far better than we have been most of this season in the 2nd half, even under some of our wins. We drew again because of two easily avoidable goals. We created enough chances in the game and were decently solid at the back. Gibson adds another dimension to our attacking play which we miss with playing Barry there and I really think Gibson should start before Barry. His pass to Atsu and that simple through ball to Coleman was sublime.

Although we were better, we are set up far too negatively. Naismith and Barkley with two defensive mids is just a sign of desperation to not concede rather than play our natural game. It's annoying that we currently have a lot of options but we are still choosing to play players out of position and that too against a team which is at the bottom of the table.

February 22, 2015, 11:19:32 PM
Reply #613

KoemansNumberTens

did you see the game? howard is NOT on a good run, and hasn't been all season, and a fortunate point at home is not a good run, we are spluttering along sometimes good sometimes ok sometimes awful

Matched Chelsea City and Liverpool, much better than Leicester (Howard is shite and ive never rated him) played brilliantly in Europe. We are playing the best we have all season (granted its not saying too much)

February 22, 2015, 11:21:34 PM
Reply #614

Yobo2008

Its horrible to watch at times as he just doesnt look like hes enjoying his football and has the weight of the world on his shoulders.