October 22, 2020, 07:09:52 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 622148 times)

September 03, 2020, 07:40:12 PM
Reply #5460

Cereal Killer

Wouldn’t get too worked up over their comments, they pretty much object to any development they have input/view on

We’ve demonstrated commitment to improving current derelict historic items and retaining others, that will tick the necessary box

September 03, 2020, 11:30:32 PM
Reply #5461

dunkster

Is this the sort of shit that suddenly sets you back 6 - 12 months?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

September 03, 2020, 11:33:27 PM
Reply #5462

Gary1878

Is this the sort of shit that suddenly sets you back 6 - 12 months?

I would imagine it can set you back if it lands on the desk of the secretary of state. Then it will depend on how quickly they look at it and how much the issue needs looking at in detail, or if it can just be overruled.

September 04, 2020, 01:55:01 AM
Reply #5463

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
The kirby plan ended up with the Secretary of state didn't it?
Not sure how long that decision process took.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 04, 2020, 02:24:10 AM
Reply #5464

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Was spoiling the historic heritage of Kirby a significant factor?🙄
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 04, 2020, 02:26:43 AM
Reply #5465

Simon Paul

Administrator
Was spoiling the historic heritage of Kirby a significant factor?
The protection of a species of newt was, and Everton had to agree to redirect a brook in order to appease objectors

September 04, 2020, 03:06:32 AM
Reply #5466

Trowel

The newt was a significant factor as it's protected by law.

Fingers crossed a dirty, old, wet hole is not significant.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

September 04, 2020, 03:16:35 AM
Reply #5467

Bluedylan

On a positive note, for once, the Tories don't give a fuck about heritage or history or the like. They just want money flowing through the economy and job creation so I would be hugely surprised if this gets delayed or rejected.

No problem (from me) with Historic England doing their jobs.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 04, 2020, 03:56:16 AM
Reply #5468

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
On a positive note, for once, the Tories don't give a fuck about heritage or history or the like. They just want money flowing through the economy and job creation so I would be hugely surprised if this gets delayed or rejected.

Used to regularly see and catch newts, kept them well in a vivarium as a kid but over the last 25 years 70% of our ponds have disappeared due to building development, agricultural policies, pollution and general ignorance of various governments regarding environmental issues.

September 04, 2020, 03:59:50 AM
Reply #5469

Bluedylan

Used to regularly see and catch newts, kept them well in a vivarium as a kid but over the last 25 years 70% of our ponds have disappeared due to building development, agricultural policies, pollution and general ignorance of various governments regarding environmental issues.

Yeah I worked for the Environment Agency when the Tories came to power in 2010, and the change in regulations and lack of environmental protection overnight was frightening. Didn't stay there much longer, because I didn't want to do their bidding.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 04, 2020, 04:35:56 AM
Reply #5470

Old England Toffee

The newt was a significant factor as it's protected by law.

Fingers crossed a dirty, old, wet hole is not significant.
Hopefully we’re covered by the any hole is a goal law

September 04, 2020, 03:00:15 PM
Reply #5471

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah, but even without the political divide, if spades go into the soil in 2021, it can't come at a better time for the Liverpool economy. The metaphorical shot-in-the-arm.
Here's hoping it has a similar effect as the last one: LiverpoolOne staving off the worst effects of the 08 crash. History tells us you should build your way out of a recession.

September 09, 2020, 01:19:13 AM
Reply #5472

MexicanToffee

To quote Historic England, "Historic England argue that Liverpool's docklands, a Unesco World Heritage Site, are the “pride” the city and “key to its global significance” and they are concerned that Everton's plans to build on the biggest of the docks in the Stanley Dock complex poses a significant threat to special character of the area."

If by "special character" they mean derelict and forgotten waste ground, untouched for 50 years, then yes, this development seriously affects it. As someone mentioned earlier, the Tories don't give flying fcuk for heritage outside of the home counties, and will certainly not derail a construction thatw ill provide a boost to the economy and so many local jobs with the current state of affairs. It will get called in and then rubber stamped.
STAY HOME......PROTECT THE NHS.......SAVE LIVES

September 09, 2020, 03:41:49 AM
Reply #5473

Toddacelli

To quote Historic England, "Historic England argue that Liverpool's docklands, a Unesco World Heritage Site, are the “pride” the city and “key to its global significance” and they are concerned that Everton's plans to build on the biggest of the docks in the Stanley Dock complex poses a significant threat to special character of the area."

If by "special character" they mean derelict and forgotten waste ground, untouched for 50 years, then yes, this development seriously affects it. As someone mentioned earlier, the Tories don't give flying fcuk for heritage outside of the home counties, and will certainly not derail a construction thatw ill provide a boost to the economy and so many local jobs with the current state of affairs. It will get called in and then rubber stamped.

The other thing that bugs me about this is the fact that it isn't unique and it has been done before.

Albert Dock has been transformed into a top city attraction and today it is a vibrant and relevant part of Liverpool.

Admittedly, their plans did not include filling the Dock in, but how many docks are there all together along the front?

Got to be 6 or 7 or something?

To have only one of them filled in for a big development that will benefit everyone in the city seems an acceptable trade to me, seeing as how there are still several other, derelict,  run-down docks for Historic England to go and hold their emo-parties in.

For fuck's sake!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 09, 2020, 03:48:07 AM
Reply #5474

Old England Toffee

“key to its global significance”
“key to its global significance”, “key to its global significance”???... what about if we made something else about the city globally significant, and how much will that cost. Moshiri: hold my beer.