December 01, 2020, 02:39:49 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 44223 times)

September 24, 2016, 11:00:03 PM
Reply #480

Shogun

Administrator
We didn't play well at any stage of that match.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

September 24, 2016, 11:00:09 PM
Reply #481

Evertonian in NC

Look at it this way, at least we won't go into the Etihad overconfident now!  :D
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

September 24, 2016, 11:00:15 PM
Reply #482

Dr. Sponge

Up there with the worst I've ever seen us.

How many time did Bolasie lose the ball?

Oviedo is like a boy in a mans game.

Barkley and Mirallas anonymous.

Lukaku starved.

Deulofeu looked drunk

September 24, 2016, 11:00:32 PM
Reply #483

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The team will always have bad days.

But some of the individual performances on display today are hard to take.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 24, 2016, 11:00:52 PM
Reply #484

Bluedylan

We still don't have a player who can be relied upon to put their foot on the ball in the final third of the pitch.

Bolasie puts his foot on the ball in the final third.

And then drags it. And then does it again. And again. And then loses it.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 24, 2016, 11:01:02 PM
Reply #485

Rhys

We didnt solve the problem in the window that all our attacking players apart from Lennon are complete individual players. Their first thought is what can i do, can i score a goal, can i beat a man. Those players are fine, you need them but we signed Bolasie who is another one of them and didnt get anyone of a different mould to get us a different option of balance.

So when we have individuals who have awful games like they all did today, we are going to be very poor.

September 24, 2016, 11:01:33 PM
Reply #486

toffee_scot

Credit to Bournemouth and Eddie Howe, they deserve their win and made our attack look comedic.

Looks like it will take a while longer to exorcise the spirit of Martinez at Everton.

September 24, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
Reply #487

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
and 2 of those 3 chances set up by PERFECT balls from Bolasie.  He may frustrate at time, but he creates chances like nobody we've had in forever.  Foolish to call him a waste of money or brainless.

I wasn't aware that I called him anything, don't think I've even mentioned him?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 24, 2016, 11:02:49 PM
Reply #488

Tinga

When you look at the dross we have as squad players, it baffles me that we didn't really spend on that area of the team. What does Cleverley and the like even offer to the team other than a shirt running around?.

September 24, 2016, 11:02:55 PM
Reply #489

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
Look on the bright side, we only need 27 points to reach safety ???
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

September 24, 2016, 11:02:58 PM
Reply #490

Redartin

Two games v Norwich Reserves and Bournemouth and we fail to score in either.

:eh:

Fixed it for you.

September 24, 2016, 11:03:17 PM
Reply #491

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

The team will always have bad days.

But some of the individual performances on display today are hard to take.

It's always a bit odd when so many have terrible performances.

September 24, 2016, 11:04:00 PM
Reply #492

KoemansNumberTens

We didnt solve the problem in the window that all our attacking players apart from Lennon are complete individual players. Their first thought is what can i do, can i score a goal, can i beat a man. Those players are fine, you need them but we signed Bolasie who is another one of them and didnt get anyone of a different mould to get us a different option of balance.

So when we have individuals who have awful games like they all did today, we are going to be very poor.

All completely inconsistant flair players. Is Kone injured. He should have been our first sub in the last 2 games. Least you know he will hold it up and win a few flick ons

September 24, 2016, 11:04:18 PM
Reply #493

minty

Lukaku's also pretty unselfish but yeah the 3 behind him are not team players. Maybe Martinez knew what he was doing by not playing Mirallas and Deulefou at the same time much.

September 24, 2016, 11:04:42 PM
Reply #494

blue1948

It is early days yet and these are the days when Koeman can see what he has been left with by Martinez. One to get shut of is Gerry who flatters to deceive and shows again and again he can't cope at this level. Back to Spain for him. The lack of form of established players may be temporary. The weakness of the squad is well known and has to be addressed. Other dross to get shut of Kone, Gibson, probably McCarthy and Cleverley will all take time to replace. The Merseyside radio commentary is a disgrace. I can't imagine Liverpool getting this sort of criticism when they are off form.  Reality check for us, a first defeat. Mid table is reasonable for this transitional season.
If only the buy back is sadly only if they want him and would you want him ?