December 01, 2020, 01:30:35 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 44217 times)

September 24, 2016, 11:11:56 PM
Reply #510

Cozzie

January is a shit window as well to get players in.

Just hope we can get some form of a game plan going between now and then.

September 24, 2016, 11:12:46 PM
Reply #511

blue1948

Credit to Bournemouth and Eddie Howe, they deserve their win and made our attack look comedic.

Looks like it will take a while longer to exorcise the spirit of Martinez at Everton.

Nothing to do with Martinez this one ,just a lame excuse

September 24, 2016, 11:13:14 PM
Reply #512

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
What a big, steaming pile of shit that was.

I never usually criticise players but I don't think Ross has it mentally to be a great player.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 24, 2016, 11:13:53 PM
Reply #513

BlueBeagle

I'm sorry but we aren't bringing in anyone of note in January. Let's nip that in the bud now

September 24, 2016, 11:14:35 PM
Reply #514

blue1948

I wasn't aware that I called him anything, don't think I've even mentioned him?
I cannot understand what that is about if Gana is worth 7mill then Bolasie has got to be worth 3mill
Sorry a typo

September 24, 2016, 11:15:04 PM
Reply #515

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Let's face it
As a side we were generally wank last season, it's pretty much a similar side so it wasn't inconceivable that a performance like this would happen

You have to hope that koeman rips into them and we bounce back from this

Too many players didn't just under perform,were actually awful
Simply simply lovely

September 24, 2016, 11:15:14 PM
Reply #516

Fynci

Silver lining, I got max points from the prediction league...... :(

September 24, 2016, 11:15:21 PM
Reply #517

toffee_scot

Barkley needs to be completely dropped, give him a run out of the team, but then who the fuck do we put in, anyones guess.

It's unfortunately that we don't really have the luxury of dropping many of the underperforming players.

Oh well, I hope the club is busy working on transfer targets for the next 3 months - no pressure Mr Walsh!

September 24, 2016, 11:16:12 PM
Reply #518

KoemansNumberTens

For the style of player he is, yes. However the problem is he isnt near Premier league standard anymore. He doesnt have the legs, pace and while his first touch when the ball goes into his chest can be very good he doesnt have the nimbleness to then do anything with it. He holds onto it for too long and ultimately offers nothing as a result.

Its a tough one as there arent really many options. Deulofeu was the right sub for Mirallas in terms of trying something else. Maybe Lennon at half time for Mirallas would have been better for a safer option who works harder that could have helped us get a foothold in the game before trying to be expansive.

Lennon is an infinitely better bet than Deulofeu. Least youre getting a consistant level in terms of workrate defensive play and common sense. Deulofeu is a horrible footballer. Can make a decent youtube video out of the odd occassions it works but generally hes butchering positions wed struggle to make a mess of. The lad is simple. He does very little on a football pitch which is based in logic. In the clear on the right and he fucking waits for the defenders to catch up. Theres people on here suggesting we should give Barcelona 10M not to re-sign him. We should piggyback him there if they are remotely interested in adding a simpleton to their possession football

September 24, 2016, 11:16:36 PM
Reply #519

Ridge

Bit of a reality check.

Think you've got to give credit to Bournemouth, it was painful to watch.

September 24, 2016, 11:17:07 PM
Reply #520

blue1948

The window is coming back to bite us on the arse, big time.

Barkley is horrendous, I am going to have to finally admit he will never make it, he has had more than enough chances, he was a total passenger today.

We looked crap against Norwich without Barry, and equally as crap with an injured Gareth barry today.

Are we really all about Gareth Barry?

The team was unbalanced when Koeman took over, he mentioned this but it is really showing, we let him down not getting the deals done in the window, and ended up with Valencia on loan when we have a billionaire owner.

Losing some key players to the ACON in Jan, it's gonna take a few windows to get this right but are we confident the current board, with that farce of a summer window, are to be trusted to deliver.

A lot of questions today, Bournemouth well and truly raped us, fair play to them, just did the basics right.

We will have a better season than last season obviously but there are so many fucking things wrong with this squad.

Barkley needs to be completely dropped, give him a run out of the team, but then who the fuck do we put in, anyones guess.

I don't know really, probably spouting all kinds of shite because I am pissed off, but that was embarrassing today.
A little over reaction there was no rape here ,rape is without consent ( and I am not making light of a terrible act)

September 24, 2016, 11:18:58 PM
Reply #521

Dr. Sponge

and 2 of those 3 chances set up by PERFECT balls from Bolasie.  He may frustrate at time, but he creates chances like nobody we've had in forever.  Foolish to call him a waste of money or brainless.

I'm sure Barkley's chance was a Coleman cross.

We were so shit today. Just so shit.

Shit.

September 24, 2016, 11:20:44 PM
Reply #522

blue1948

I reckon she's boss at it too

Well you might know better than me but.........I would like to know how

September 24, 2016, 11:24:09 PM
Reply #523

Simon Paul

Administrator
Well you might know better than me but.........I would like to know how

just using the law of averages to be honest

September 24, 2016, 11:25:38 PM
Reply #524

brittcop1

OK...well let's put it in to perspective...my perspective at least:)
We all expect this to be a rebuild year with a finish of anywhere from 6 to 10 being a success...our second place standing was deceptive and flattering...we are going to lose games...today we deservedly lost based on our first half performance...even then we had three great chances and missed all of them...one of those days...Oviedo- not EPL level, Del- totally luxury. Bolasie- frustrating as hell BUT WORKED ALL GAME and still provided the brilliant cross at the end...Ross....it's now or never for him BUT not really a no.10.
So sad day, lots of work to be done but I still trust the direction we are going in.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:26:06 PM by brittcop1 »