November 30, 2020, 05:10:07 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 206540 times)

September 23, 2020, 04:40:41 AM
Reply #1725

Shogun

Administrator
Why is Simms still playing for the U23s?

If he's nowhere near the first team then he needs to be out on loan.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

September 23, 2020, 04:54:31 AM
Reply #1726

markB

Why is Simms still playing for the U23s?

If he's nowhere near the first team then he needs to be out on loan.

FFS he is only 19 and only moved up to u23 team last season and that was cut short with covid give him time (he is not like other lads you can just fire out on loan he is a bit shy and timid and would not work well out on load at this time )

September 23, 2020, 04:56:20 AM
Reply #1727

Shogun

Administrator
FFS he is only 19 and only moved up to u23 team last season and that was cut short with covid give him time (he is not like other lads you can just fire out on loan he is a bit shy and timid and would not work well out on load at this time )

Sorry mate, didn't realise you were shagging him.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

September 23, 2020, 04:58:14 AM
Reply #1728

markB

Sorry mate, didn't realise you were shagging him.

we all will be in 2/3 years time

September 23, 2020, 02:31:03 PM
Reply #1729

BlueForYou

If Kean moves back to Juventus, Simms could feature on the subs bench in League Cup games - should we progress, of course...

Of course we will, we will win it
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 23, 2020, 02:45:19 PM
Reply #1730

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
If we have aspirations of European football on a regular basis, the youth team can be a fantastic asset in making progress across all 4 competitions. 55/60 games a season is very difficult with a regular sized squad, and it can be hugely beneficial if you have a successful youth team supplementing the first team in the league cup and easier European games.

"55/60 games a season is very difficult with a regular sized squad."

Yes - it will be difficult to get everybody a game!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 23, 2020, 02:51:36 PM
Reply #1731

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Look, with regards to Unsworth, it may well have been a case of being promoted out of harm's way.

Maybe he's a bang-average coach. Maybe he's not very good at coaching or managing but if you are a recently retired player and want to stay in football - the fuck else you gonna do?

We've possibly all had decent line managers who don't know shit about our jobs but are still good at theirs. With no DoF in place when he started, if Unsworth is ambitious he'd have thought "Hang on - I can be my own boss here and in a few years I won't be putting out the cones for a bunch of kids." He'd have been banging on Bill's door with ideas to take the academy forward and what they need and what they would like.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brands has come in - looked at Unsworth's skillset, as well as his performance, and decided that this was a better fit for him. Sure he could have gone for an outside hire, but if you have a decent fit, who's been at the club for years and bleeds Blue....   why would you go anywhere else?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 23, 2020, 03:19:26 PM
Reply #1732

bigmanbob

I don't get the hate for Unsworth, he doesn't dictate what the bigger picture is for the youth teams, he'll be given a a directive of what to do with the U23's and we don't really know what that is. If they thought he was doing a shit job they'd have binned him off

September 29, 2020, 04:12:29 PM
Reply #1733

dazfrancis

Not sure why Matthew Pennington, aged 25, is still starting for the U23's.

what are we gaining by playing him?

September 29, 2020, 04:16:07 PM
Reply #1734

bigmanbob

Shop window

September 29, 2020, 05:43:07 PM
Reply #1735

BlueForYou

Another two for Simms last night

Going nowhere on loan, staying here to train with first team
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 29, 2020, 05:46:06 PM
Reply #1736

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Shop window

Yeah I expect more out over the next few weeks, I'm sure perfect world the likes of Pennington would not be playing in the 23s.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 05, 2020, 12:16:52 PM
Reply #1737

BlueForYou

Simms on scoresheet again

Harry Catterick

October 24, 2020, 04:23:18 PM
Reply #1738

BlueForYou

On the mark again last night, playing as a lone striker

Harry Catterick

November 08, 2020, 09:32:42 PM
Reply #1739

BlueForYou

Beat Chelsea 2-0: Simms; Onyango

Nkounkou, Branthwaite, Gordon & Simms all played - Jagne on subs bench

17 year old midfielder Tyler Onyango signed professional forms in the summer and has just moved up from U18s this season, continues to be consistently impressive

Harry Catterick