October 22, 2020, 02:44:29 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 197530 times)

August 17, 2020, 10:55:00 PM
Reply #1665

kramer0

We could use Joe Williams now given how desperate we are for a single midfielder with any sort of positional discipline.

I always thought it was a bit lazy to let him go. He would have been a better, cheaper squad option than Schneiderlin.

August 17, 2020, 11:00:41 PM
Reply #1666

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We could use Joe Williams now given how desperate we are for a single midfielder with any sort of positional discipline.

I always thought it was a bit lazy to let him go. He would have been a better, cheaper squad option than Schneiderlin.

He's nowhere near as good on the ball as Schneiderlin, but I would have had him playing a bit this year has we kept him I agree.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 18, 2020, 05:28:34 AM
Reply #1667

kramer0

He's nowhere near as good on the ball as Schneiderlin, but I would have had him playing a bit this year has we kept him I agree.

I would have taken that downgrade on the ball given how apathetic Schneiderlin was without it.

After the restart, we were literally crying out for anybody to help stop teams from playing right through the middle of us.

It's a bit mad that nobody at the club (besides maybe Gbamin, who we've barely seen) fits that bill.

August 18, 2020, 05:55:06 AM
Reply #1668

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I would have taken that downgrade on the ball given how apathetic Schneiderlin was without it.

After the restart, we were literally crying out for anybody to help stop teams from playing right through the middle of us.

It's a bit mad that nobody at the club (besides maybe Gbamin, who we've barely seen) fits that bill.

That's fair. Was still a huge drop off from Snide to *nobody* like.

Maybe they thought Delph would be able to sit and screen better than he could. Or they thought Gomes could be a sort of mid 00's regista who defends space while Davies and gylfi chase.

Sad none of the younger lads could make the step up too. Markelo and Adeniran are both energetic CMs although not quite sitting i don't think. Beni must have regressed. Onyango is aba 17.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 18, 2020, 02:01:00 PM
Reply #1669

Toddacelli

That's fair. Was still a huge drop off from Snide to *nobody* like.

Maybe they thought Delph would be able to sit and screen better than he could. Or they thought Gomes could be a sort of mid 00's regista who defends space while Davies and gylfi chase.

Sad none of the younger lads could make the step up too. Markelo and Adeniran are both energetic CMs although not quite sitting i don't think. Beni must have regressed. Onyango is aba 17.

Yeah Onyango's development is on track from what I've read, but still a few years away from regular senior football.

Really disappointed we haven't seen more of Beni though. Seems like years ago I was impressed with one or two appearances and he didn't look out of his depth, but where is he now?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 18, 2020, 02:54:32 PM
Reply #1670

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Onyango's development is on track from what I've read, but still a few years away from regular senior football.

Really disappointed we haven't seen more of Beni though. Seems like years ago I was impressed with one or two appearances and he didn't look out of his depth, but where is he now?

Last I saw was a loan to Blackpool for next season.

August 18, 2020, 03:22:20 PM
Reply #1671

kerryblue boy

Ah here lads giving out about signing Allan or doucoure but would have joe Williams back this place is mental at the moment

August 18, 2020, 03:41:18 PM
Reply #1672

GrantyBoy78

There’s that American saying: “the backup quarterback is the most popular guy in town”.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 18, 2020, 03:46:32 PM
Reply #1673

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Ah here lads giving out about signing Allan or doucoure but would have joe Williams back this place is mental at the moment

It is when you remove context.

People don’t want us to spend a lot of money on Allan and Doucouré, but see Williams for what would be around £2m as a decent squad option.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 18, 2020, 03:52:34 PM
Reply #1674

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

People don’t want us to spend a lot of money on Allan and Doucouré, but see Williams for what would be around £2m as a decent squad option.

Psht this guy doesn't want a 4 bedroom semi in Cheshire for a million pounds but is happy to sit there eating a meal deal from tesco?!

August 18, 2020, 04:07:23 PM
Reply #1675

kerryblue boy

People don't want us to spend a lot of money on Allan and Doucouré, but see Williams for what would be around £2m as a decent squad option.
Arsenal just signed willian on a free yes but will cost them a fortune in wages but will he improve their team?i think he does

August 18, 2020, 04:12:18 PM
Reply #1676

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What we don't want :

Old players jamming up the squad on big wages with big fees that will never be made back

What we need :

Cost effective signings that satisfy squad needs eg. Being a DM

What Doucoure is :

An older player who will be on big wages for 5 years bought for money we will never see again.

What Doucoure isn't :

A DM.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 04:14:13 PM by brap2 »

August 18, 2020, 04:12:35 PM
Reply #1677

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Arsenal just signed willian on a free yes but will cost them a fortune in wages but will he improve their team?i think he does

An absolutely terrible piece of business. 
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 18, 2020, 04:29:19 PM
Reply #1678

GrantyBoy78

What we don't want :

Old players jamming up the squad on big wages with big fees that will never be made back

What we need :

Cost effective signings that satisfy squad needs eg. Being a DM

What Doucoure is :

An older player who will be on big wages for 5 years bought for money we will never see again.

What Doucoure isn't :

A DM.
I take your point and I agree that I’d rather we only bought players under 24, for less than £10m.

We need a DM, but also need a CM who can get into the opposition box. If it’s £20m, I’m in, but no way at £40m.

And who’s to say we can’t sell a 30 year old Doucoure to an Italian club, in for £20m in 2 years time?

We can’t move our players on, because they’ve been abject failures and they’re not very good. Too much being made of their age.

August 18, 2020, 04:30:49 PM
Reply #1679

GrantyBoy78

An absolutely terrible piece of business.
They got a player who was a starter for a team way above them in the league. Great piece of business.