October 22, 2020, 06:30:44 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 197655 times)

August 31, 2020, 01:57:52 PM
Reply #1695

Waltzer

Pretty sure Adeniran is fairly highly rated within the club, but he needs to be breaking through soon. Same with Broadhead. Can't believe Pennington is still there.
I'm not sure, was highly rated and the deal from Fulham was a fair chunk if I remember right, but he's 21 now and not really pushing for a start in a woeful midfield. He'll need to step up massively considering who we're bringing in

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 11, 2020, 10:02:27 PM
Reply #1696

Robioto

September 11, 2020, 10:02:43 PM
Reply #1697

Robioto

Baines still in the fold!

September 11, 2020, 10:04:36 PM
Reply #1698

KoemansNumberTens

Unsworth promoted. Was hoping heíd be getting sacked to be honest

September 11, 2020, 10:05:46 PM
Reply #1699

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Unsworth as academy director.

Urgh
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 11, 2020, 10:09:05 PM
Reply #1700

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Just pleased that Leighton will still be involved with the club.

September 11, 2020, 10:10:31 PM
Reply #1701

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
Surprising to see Unsworth taking a bigger role. But on reading through I get the impression that brands is bringing all age groups under his overall remit.
Great to have someone like Baines a
Have that role in bridging the gap for the kids to the first team. Seems very sensible

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

September 11, 2020, 10:11:28 PM
Reply #1702

dazfrancis

It's a bit weird that there were noises about Unsworth freelancing a bit and not falling in line with Brands' philosophy and now he's academy director?

September 11, 2020, 10:11:40 PM
Reply #1703

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Hmmm. Interesting.

Credit to the club with the way theyíve removed anyone who they donít think can cut it. So far Unsworth remains trusted. That canít be ignored. Truly believe that he wouldnít be here if they didnít rate him.

Does this also suggest that he wonít be selecting the sides? Meaning that he wonít be able to play 50yr olds in the youth matches?

Sounds like heís going to be on Brandsí radar a lot more and will entirely be judged on the progression of youngsters through the system. If none progress through he loses his job.

A lot of pressure on him from this point on. Mini-derby wins or using blokes to steamroller their way to the youth league title wonít cut it any longer Iím afraid.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 10:12:43 PM by Bob Sacamano »

September 11, 2020, 10:13:18 PM
Reply #1704

Up The Toffees

I almost stopped reading at 2 of the finest defenders in Everton's history.

Good to have Baines on board and I'm sure he will do great in his role, class on and off the pitch.

As for Unsworth, not for me. Probably would of been better to give Baines the job and fucked him off. 

September 11, 2020, 10:25:11 PM
Reply #1705

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hmmm. Interesting.

Credit to the club with the way theyíve removed anyone who they donít think can cut it. So far Unsworth remains trusted. That canít be ignored. Truly believe that he wouldnít be here if they didnít rate him.

Does this also suggest that he wonít be selecting the sides? Meaning that he wonít be able to play 50yr olds in the youth matches?

Sounds like heís going to be on Brandsí radar a lot more and will entirely be judged on the progression of youngsters through the system. If none progress through he loses his job.

A lot of pressure on him from this point on. Mini-derby wins or using blokes to steamroller their way to the youth league title wonít cut it any longer Iím afraid.

Yeah, I donít mind unsworth tbh but he has to change the way he coaches the under 23s, but to be fair to him heís brought a lot of players through and he was the one that got DCL here.

If heís academy director heíll have more of a say what players we bring in and we do very, very well in picking up young lads from the lower leagues.

As long as theyíre all on the same page then it should work.

Happy baines in involved. Heís not the type of person to take a cushy job and half arse it.

Oh, and we need to fuck Jeffers off ASAP.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 11, 2020, 10:35:49 PM
Reply #1706

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure what to think.

As far as I was concerned, Waldron and Unsie were walking this summer with a new structure. The new structure seems to involve them both heavily.

Not much about the new man Perkins so far, I didn't even know he had been confirmed. Maybe I had forgotten.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-finalise-appointment-key-new-18146497.amp
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 11, 2020, 10:46:45 PM
Reply #1707

Up The Toffees

Yeah, I donít mind unsworth tbh but he has to change the way he coaches the under 23s, but to be fair to him heís brought a lot of players through and he was the one that got DCL here.

If heís academy director heíll have more of a say what players we bring in and we do very, very well in picking up young lads from the lower leagues.

As long as theyíre all on the same page then it should work.

Happy baines in involved. Heís not the type of person to take a cushy job and half arse it.

Oh, and we need to fuck Jeffers off ASAP.

You sure he got DCL?

Jeffers will probably get a promotion too!

September 12, 2020, 01:08:44 AM
Reply #1708

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
You sure he got DCL?

Jeffers will probably get a promotion too!

Yeah I think heíd worked with him at SU

September 12, 2020, 01:10:47 AM
Reply #1709

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure what to think.

As far as I was concerned, Waldron and Unsie were walking this summer with a new structure. The new structure seems to involve them both heavily.

Not much about the new man Perkins so far, I didn't even know he had been confirmed. Maybe I had forgotten.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-finalise-appointment-key-new-18146497.amp

Yes was slightly confused. But then only following from news reports so tend to follow own train of thought.

Thinking along the lines of @Bob Sacamano in that thereís pressure on these new roles now.