January 21, 2021, 05:01:23 PM

Author Topic: Moshiri buys the Liver Building  (Read 22919 times)

September 17, 2017, 04:52:32 PM
Read 22919 times

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Obviously it's good news but hasn't a trick been missed by not getting this signed off before we started selling this seasons kit?

No.

We hardly make any money from shirt sales.

And it won't affect the deal value, as the reason Angry Birds are paying us is to have their logo televised to tens of millions of consumers around the world, not to a few thousands scousers walking around Goodison wearing the shirt on match day.

September 21, 2017, 03:48:52 PM
Reply #1

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Other than the 2m a year we get from them then I'm still not convinced this is going to help Evertons brand much, I don't think any shirt sponsorship really does, it helps the sponsor.

We are not sponsoring them, as far as I know they aren't going to advertise anything Everton related.
I've just had a browse on their websites and can't find 1 thing Everton related. They are a much bigger brand than us but are obviously using us to get some advertisement in the PL, I don't think the size of the brand makes much difference to the football club, it's about how much money you get. 1 look at the top teams sponsors will answer that. Hopefully Rovio paid more than anyone else.

Exactly this. Any impact they have on our brand will be marginal at the very best.