January 17, 2021, 09:50:21 PM

Author Topic: Moshiri buys the Liver Building  (Read 22851 times)

September 17, 2017, 02:47:27 AM
Read 22851 times

Bally

Administrator
It's the roll I way

September 17, 2017, 03:31:22 AM
Reply #1

Bally

Administrator
Is angry birds relevant anymore? I know it was massive when it first came out but now would it be as sought after as it was?
Yeah angry birds 2 had a heavy release earlier this year, burger King are doing the toys in the kids meal, and there are an kinds of things on YouTube, my 7 year old nephew knows all the names of them and has never played the game.
It's the roll I way

September 17, 2017, 04:13:42 PM
Reply #2

Bally

Administrator
I fucking love this to be honest, people don't realise how recognised a brand this is.
It's the roll I way

September 17, 2017, 04:59:52 PM
Reply #3

Bally

Administrator
It would be interesting to see what these numbers are so far in 2017. The club have tweeted a load about how many downloads etc. But I think the brand is probably on the decline. Not many people download the game anymore and the Angry Bird merchandise is nothing compared to what it was a couple of years ago.

I'm not complaining though, 2m per annum is a decent income stream, and I have actually heard of this company, unlike Sportspesa.
Mate
It's the roll I way

September 17, 2017, 06:45:51 PM
Reply #4

Bally

Administrator

I know I get all that, but It would be interesting to see what the figures look like so far for 2017 as the Angry Bird brand looks to be on the decline, it's nowhere near how huge it was a few years ago.
Every shop you went in had angry birds kids clothes or merchandise etc.
They had adverts on the TV every 10 minutes, it's nowhere near that big now, which is why those figures are slightly misleading, you can guarantee the vast majority of the downloads, YouTube views and Facebook followers were in the early days, it wouldn't surprise me if just 5% of them total numbers are from the last 18 months.

It's a good move for the club, but to think we're now going to get some massive influx of young fans and be on the lips of billions of people worldwide is overdoing it. They are coming to us for advertisement, not the other way round.
It kind of wreeks of old men thinking they know what the youth want.

Maybe we should take some inspiration from the Vikings. :)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2017/09/14/vikings-hire-18-year-old-generation-z-consultant/666848001/
Angry birds 2 had a heavy release this year all the toys in burger King kids meals everyone knows what they are it's a good move
It's the roll I way

September 17, 2017, 09:55:04 PM
Reply #5

Bally

Administrator
true enough
I
That was almost immediate the Everton twitter dealt with it on the 2nd comment
It's the roll I way

September 21, 2017, 02:24:34 PM
Reply #6

Bally

Administrator
If they don't have a CGI video of a couple of angry birds using the liver birds as the arms of a catapult and firing into Bramley Moore Dock, destroying the building's then Everton's marketing/PR team need sacking
It's the roll I way

September 21, 2017, 02:34:28 PM
Reply #7

Bally

Administrator
I thought the concept of AB was dying off until they brought the film out. When was the game launched, 2011? That's a long time for one launched as a mobile app to be around, especially as the majority of all the others last about 12 months tops before dying out.
I'm guessing you don't play angry birds 2 or Star wars, or any of the many variants they have of the game.
It's not just one game or one film it's an absolutely massive brand
It's the roll I way

September 21, 2017, 02:39:33 PM
Reply #8

Bally

Administrator
No mate, not at all. I did have the original one and the Star Wars one at first but I'm not one for that kinda thing, but that said, I didn't realise there was that many about. Though as I said, I do now realise how big a brand it is after the movie came out.
Another movie due too as well as all the Rio stuff, the joy of a 7 year old nephew keeps me up to date hahah although I have always played angry birds, easy to pass the time, currently on level 477 on 2
It's the roll I way

September 21, 2017, 08:29:05 PM
Reply #9

Bally

Administrator
FIXED!
Yes and that's getting brought up at the next fans forum hahaha
It's the roll I way