October 24, 2020, 07:42:10 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Spurs  (Read 46428 times)

January 06, 2011, 04:02:18 AM
Reply #285

Johnny Drama

Great result and sounds like we played really well, can't wait for football first! The liverpool result caps it off nicely as well.

January 06, 2011, 04:02:40 AM
Reply #286

Derek

Any time we've ever went 4-4-2 we've looked excellent. Wish we'd just be more positive more often! I know Moyes tends to err on the conservative side, but look at this squad he's assembled! He's gotta have a little faith in them as an attacking and footballing side.

Loved us tonight. Loved us.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 06, 2011, 04:03:39 AM
Reply #287

irishtoffee

2-1 arteta, saha and vdv
 i reckon the arteta slump is about to end nod
i wasn't far off. good to see arteta doing better. saha was excellent and beckford played well too. besides not pulling the trigger near the end.he's like a tank holding up the ball and he got a great reception when he came on

January 06, 2011, 04:04:01 AM
Reply #288

Amata

Maybe Saha looked better because he had help up there. Beckford didn't set the world alight but him and Saha had a few nice link ups and he created space with his runs.  Need to stick with this now and see where it goes.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

January 06, 2011, 04:04:27 AM
Reply #289

everton.chris

What a difference it is having 2 strikers! Saha didn't have the whole back line marking him, and Arteta had forward men making runs he could pass to!
got it one.... the first time in ages we play an attacking formation and we play absolutely superb
People who know it all are especially annoying to those of us who don't

January 06, 2011, 04:04:37 AM
Reply #290

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Bally should pick our team every week
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 06, 2011, 04:04:40 AM
Reply #291

Deano Blue Boy

January 06, 2011, 04:06:52 AM
Reply #292

irishtoffee

got it one.... the first time in ages we play an attacking formation and we play absolutely superb
now isn't it nice to have something good to say.  :cheers:

January 06, 2011, 04:07:38 AM
Reply #293

everton.chris

Maybe Saha looked better because he had help up there. Beckford didn't set the world alight but him and Saha had a few nice link ups and he created space with his runs.  Need to stick with this now and see where it goes.
I said this earlier.... forget about 4-5-1, we have not a striker anymore to do the lone role, play to our strengths, not our weaknesess, we have not got a great lone striker, play 2 average strikers and a good midfield we WILL score
People who know it all are especially annoying to those of us who don't

January 06, 2011, 04:08:06 AM
Reply #294

Nicco

Jönköpings Södra IF

January 06, 2011, 04:08:32 AM
Reply #295

blueslipper

That was more 'back to our old selves' the attacking play was as good as any match this season....in the second half anyway. Credits go to Distin who was immense again, Baines as usual and Neville and Coleman. Even Arteta looked more like his old self

January 06, 2011, 04:08:59 AM
Reply #296

Youngy09

I said this earlier.... forget about 4-5-1, we have not a striker anymore to do the lone role, play to our strengths, not our weaknesess, we have not got a great lone striker, play 2 average strikers and a good midfield we WILL score
And we have Fellaini who is immense, Arteta, Pienaar and Coleman, who can play and work hard, we don't need 5 in midfield!

January 06, 2011, 04:10:18 AM
Reply #297

bloody scally

Neville for me was MOM. Superb performance from him both defensively and in attack! But jesus, Beckford really is playing at the wrong level

January 06, 2011, 04:10:45 AM
Reply #298

Derek

Thought he did a shift tonight.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 06, 2011, 04:12:57 AM
Reply #299

Gash

Global Moderator
Neville for me was MOM. Superb performance from him both defensively and in attack! But jesus, Beckford really is playing at the wrong level

I thought he did ok to be honest. Although he didn't see a massive amount with the ball, his movement off the ball created space for other players.