December 03, 2020, 01:50:13 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 55774 times)

August 02, 2018, 03:30:30 PM
Reply #735

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder if Bolasie is in and around the squad then?

Mirallas off/banished, Walcott injured with no preseason, Lookman maybe going, but no mention of yala.

He’s not been posting training snaps or insta vids with the boys tho, so maybe he’s a bit out in the cold an all..

Just presumed that Fenerbache will wait until the last minute (eg 31st August) to push for a loan so that we’ll take a lower deal.

August 02, 2018, 03:31:09 PM
Reply #736

GrantyBoy78

Wonder if Bolasie is in and around the squad then?

Mirallas off/banished, Walcott injured with no preseason, Lookman maybe going, but no mention of yala.

He's not been posting training snaps or insta vids with the boys tho, so maybe he's a bit out in the cold an all..
Sounds like his Turkey move is on hold until/if we bring in a forward.

August 02, 2018, 05:07:00 PM
Reply #737

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like his Turkey move is on hold until/if we bring in a forward.

Okay fine with that.

Personally think he could still be an option if we don’t sign anyone. In terms of getting up the pitch by dribbling he won’t be as good as Richarlison but he can do it.

Needs to bin the footroll until he gets the fullback squared up tho.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 02, 2018, 05:08:49 PM
Reply #738

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I hope never to see the likes of yannick bolasie play for us again.

Horrible footballer.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 02, 2018, 05:32:13 PM
Reply #739

Lxxx

Horrible footballer.

Mate of mine is a Palace fan and loves him. Which I think says more about Palace fans than Bolasie.

August 02, 2018, 05:40:46 PM
Reply #740

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Do these players lose their lockers too?
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

August 02, 2018, 05:43:22 PM
Reply #741

Bluedylan

Mate of mine is a Palace fan and loves him. Which I think says more about Palace fans than Bolasie.

Produced his best football for them, hasn't he? So it's natural to have that attachment and those memories.

Some of our lot can be a bit like that about Mirallas, harking back to his best moments years ago, and completely ignoring the years of shite he's served up since.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 02, 2018, 05:53:12 PM
Reply #742

Lxxx

Produced his best football for them, hasn't he? So it's natural to have that attachment and those memories.

Some of our lot can be a bit like that about Mirallas, harking back to his best moments years ago, and completely ignoring the years of shite he's served up since.

He also said he only showed up really for about half a dozen games a year, the big games he knew were going to be on Match of the Day later, so the tricks and actual taking players on came out. Says it all really.

August 02, 2018, 08:17:29 PM
Reply #743

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Horrible footballer.

Terrible purchase, but i like him.

https://understat.com/player/518

Filter for 16/17 and he profiles like a dangerous old fashioned winger who will get you assists. More key passes per 90 during that period, and more assists per 90 than Gylfi last year.

Filter for a year later and he’s dreadful. Nothing player.

Hope the injury hasn’t ruined him but I think he could be useful. I hope he could be useful.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 03, 2018, 12:46:21 AM
Reply #744

Ravardo

Just seen holgates got number 2 shirt,,Schneiderlin no. 18 and siggy no.10

August 03, 2018, 12:48:04 AM
Reply #745

kramer0

Fair play to whoever made Schneiderlin give up #2.

August 03, 2018, 12:55:44 AM
Reply #746

Gash

Global Moderator
Been on the cards since he wore 18 against Rennes.

August 03, 2018, 12:58:10 AM
Reply #747

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Just seen holgates got number 2 shirt,,Schneiderlin no. 18 and siggy no.10

I’m guessing Holgate is Williams replacement alongside Jags.

August 03, 2018, 04:49:00 AM
Reply #748

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Coleman should be number 2.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

August 03, 2018, 04:58:26 AM
Reply #749

Evertonian in NC

I’m guessing Holgate is Williams replacement alongside Jags.

I was hoping that number meant Silva rates my man Holgate after all.  Just keeping him in bubble wrap until Wolves (or maybe this final warmup).  Why he only wants one CB?
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin