December 03, 2020, 01:13:23 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 55754 times)

August 04, 2018, 04:43:44 PM
Reply #765

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

August 04, 2018, 04:46:41 PM
Reply #766

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I love the deals we are making in terms of trimming the fat. Some big names on big money have headed out.

August 04, 2018, 07:12:42 PM
Reply #767

toffee_scot

So in terms of outgoings:

Robles
Rooney
Funes Mori
Williams (loan)
Klaassen
Mirallas (loan)
Garbutt (loan)
Tarashaj (loan)

Not done too badly there, we will probably send out a few more on loan like Galloway, Bolasie, Pennington, Martina and Vlasic by next week or the end of the month (if clubs abroad are interested).

August 04, 2018, 08:06:06 PM
Reply #768

Martip

Whatever we do with the squad it we need to have some kind of strategy. Pochettino has guided Spurs to three top 4 finishes on the bounce with a net spend of £40m and brought them into a brand new stadium. That's got to be the model now as we approach BMD. It can be done with everyone on the same page.
He's done a great job hasn't he. Tbf it helps if you get one of the best strikers in the world through the youth system saving probs 100m plus....
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

August 04, 2018, 09:34:17 PM
Reply #769

Lxxx

He's done a great job hasn't he. Tbf it helps if you get one of the best strikers in the world through the youth system saving probs 100m plus....

Okay, letís for arguments sake say he bought a £100m striker instead of inheriting Kane. To do what heís done on £140m would be just as impressive.

Heís just a very, very good manager with a sensible chairman who knows how to handle the finances well.

August 04, 2018, 10:57:48 PM
Reply #770

KoemansNumberTens

Okay, letís for arguments sake say he bought a £100m striker instead of inheriting Kane. To do what heís done on £140m would be just as impressive.

Heís just a very, very good manager with a sensible chairman who knows how to handle the finances well.

Kane is closer to 200m in this market and heís a player who they couldnít otherwise attract. Beyond that though heís still done a fantastic job

August 04, 2018, 11:10:12 PM
Reply #771

Martip

True says

August 05, 2018, 02:42:49 AM
Reply #772

gizzblue

Aside the fact Spurs would never be allowed to spend anywhere near that ever on a player ...not even close ...so its dumb luck in reality ...the argument is there any top eight team with a player like kane has a chane of a class season ....until the last few weeks when it all goes to shit historically a la spurs .
Born not made a blue .

August 05, 2018, 03:10:19 AM
Reply #773

Lxxx

Aside the fact Spurs would never be allowed to spend anywhere near that ever on a player ...not even close ...so its dumb luck in reality ...the argument is there any top eight team with a player like kane has a chane of a class season ....until the last few weeks when it all goes to shit historically a la spurs .

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:16:23 AM by Lxxx »

August 05, 2018, 03:18:11 AM
Reply #774

Lxxx

Kane is closer to 200m in this market and heís a player who they couldnít otherwise attract. Beyond that though heís still done a fantastic job

We attracted one of the most prolific strikers in world football past few years, easily in Kaneís tier of top strikers. So that argument doesnít hold water. We paid £28m so in reality the difference wasnít that much. The main factor is we never had managers who could get the best out of him. Poch built high energy sides who got the ball back to front quickly, we didnít.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:19:17 AM by Lxxx »

August 05, 2018, 03:47:38 AM
Reply #775

Mayor Farnum

I'm sure Arry got Spurs finishing top 4 before he left.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

August 05, 2018, 04:05:08 AM
Reply #776

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest I am a bit concerned about how easy we look to score against.

That team tat started first half was pretty much our first team for the year, minus stek for picks and being honest the goals were not steks fault really. We are still allowing a LOT of shots in dangerous areas.

Pretty much every attack seems to end in a do or die moment for our defence. Surely must be a systemic issue? Or like individual player quality is it? Both sides of the pitch, cut through. Crosses from all angles are reaching their destination. Cut backs are finding their man alone on the six yard box.

Itís not just the back four. Itís the lack of control and the way we deal with counter attacks.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 05, 2018, 04:35:02 AM
Reply #777

Martip

That team tat started first half was pretty much our first team for the year, minus stek for picks and being honest the goals were not steks fault really. We are still allowing a LOT of shots in dangerous areas.

Pretty much every attack seems to end in a do or die moment for our defence. Surely must be a systemic issue? Or like individual player quality is it? Both sides of the pitch, cut through. Crosses from all angles are reaching their destination. Cut backs are finding their man alone on the six yard box.

Itís not just the back four. Itís the lack of control and the way we deal with counter attacks.
I think it's the personal....We 've had numerous managers and continue to ship goals at a rate of knots.

August 05, 2018, 04:37:51 AM
Reply #778

Bluedylan

It’s not just the back four. It’s the lack of control and the way we deal with counter attacks.

Let's not forget that we were also playing Valencia, who are a better team than us and a CL team. And we have a new manager just starting to build his team. Everton wasn't built in a day.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 05, 2018, 04:46:17 AM
Reply #779

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Let's not forget that we were also playing Valencia, who are a better team than us and a CL team. And we have a new manager just starting to build his team. Everton wasn't built in a day.

Yeah they looked really good on the ball.

But itís more that the same problems have existed for what, 3 seasons now? Weíre paper thin, every single time a team attacks us it ends in a goal or a real crisis moment. We look terrified, the quality of chances we give a way and the range of different attacks that seem effective against us is too high.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.