January 25, 2021, 10:41:34 AM

Author Topic: Doucouré  (Read 74562 times)

January 09, 2021, 11:47:26 PM
Reply #1545

Waltzer

I used to underestimate Gueyes importance on the team based on his limitations with the ball, and that clouded my views on the other bits he did exceptionally well.
Doucoure, without meaning to sound harsh, is a poor man's Gueye. We do look better with him in the team and I think he warrants his place, but i could easily see him being a squad player in 18 months due to his limitations and the quality of player well hopefully attract

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 09, 2021, 11:51:10 PM
Reply #1546

Cozzie

Personally think he is fine but does need the clientele alongside him to play at his best.

Gave us the much needed injection of energy we needed which is what we brought him for.

We addressed three key issues with the midfield this season that was lacking, Energy, Creativity and Guile/Grit

Allan - Guile/Grit
James - Creativity
Doucourè - Energy

In a fully functioning team Doucourè will be sound. Once we finally have the right balance in the middle he will be a hugely important player for us.

January 09, 2021, 11:58:42 PM
Reply #1547

kramer0

I like him when he plays like a proper CM/DM.

I understand why he positions himself like a RM in possession sometimes. Not sure if it’s him or Ancelotti’s instructions but it leaves the other midfielder with a lot of space to cover up if the ball falls to the other team and it accomplishes next to nothing in terms of building good attacks.

Would love to eventually see a proper double pivot with him and Allan taking turns sitting/breaking forward as our side of attack dictates.

January 10, 2021, 12:08:53 AM
Reply #1548

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No, no chance.

What I mean by split on him is that I don't rate him as a player and I think he can be quite painful on the ball...

But he's so different to our other midfielders in his drive and desire to get on the ball. He's not necessarily trying to do anything with it but he's ALWAYS available. I absolutely love that about him, and that clip v Arsenal is probably the best bit of CM football we've seen in two years, maybe excluding some of Allan's work...

But then I see him and he's very conservative in his passing and very hit and miss with it as well.

I dunno, can't make my mind up.

He has to play tho. Can't have any of those other slugs ahead of him.

He’s poor on the ball, think we can all admit that.

Reason I didn’t want us to sign him was how clumsy he looks when on the ball. Then i looked back on his games against us and remembered him and Capoue absolutely dominating us and thought that’s the type of midfield performance we haven’t seen since the days of Felliani.

He’s got much more about his game to look at his quality on the ball and go “I can just ignore those loose passers fella, you keep doing what you do”

We’ve had about ten years of midfielder after midfielder phoning it in and not looking interested, so to see this fella all over the pitch constantly wanting to move the ball and disrupt the opposition is great to see.

I’d love us to get another midfielder in to play alongside Allan and see Doucoure play further forward. He’s an absolute machine at winning the ball higher up the pitch and shows real good quality when he’s running onto the ball towards goal.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 10, 2021, 01:06:26 AM
Reply #1549

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
He’s poor on the ball, think we can all admit that.

Reason I didn’t want us to sign him was how clumsy he looks when on the ball. Then i looked back on his games against us and remembered him and Capoue absolutely dominating us and thought that’s the type of midfield performance we haven’t seen since the days of Felliani.

He’s got much more about his game to look at his quality on the ball and go “I can just ignore those loose passers fella, you keep doing what you do”

We’ve had about ten years of midfielder after midfielder phoning it in and not looking interested, so to see this fella all over the pitch constantly wanting to move the ball and disrupt the opposition is great to see.

I’d love us to get another midfielder in to play alongside Allan and see Doucoure play further forward. He’s an absolute machine at winning the ball higher up the pitch and shows real good quality when he’s running onto the ball towards goal.

Really well said. 👍🏼
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

January 10, 2021, 02:01:12 AM
Reply #1550

GrantyBoy78

He's poor on the ball, think we can all admit that.

Reason I didn't want us to sign him was how clumsy he looks when on the ball. Then i looked back on his games against us and remembered him and Capoue absolutely dominating us and thought that's the type of midfield performance we haven't seen since the days of Felliani.

He's got much more about his game to look at his quality on the ball and go "I can just ignore those loose passers fella, you keep doing what you do”

We've had about ten years of midfielder after midfielder phoning it in and not looking interested, so to see this fella all over the pitch constantly wanting to move the ball and disrupt the opposition is great to see.

I'd love us to get another midfielder in to play alongside Allan and see Doucoure play further forward. He's an absolute machine at winning the ball higher up the pitch and shows real good quality when he's running onto the ball towards goal.

See, you don’t talk shite the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 13, 2021, 04:38:29 AM
Reply #1551

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
If the Villa game is called off...is Doucoure suspended for the Sheff Weds game, or not until the Leicester game?
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

January 13, 2021, 05:03:28 AM
Reply #1552

sam of the south

If the Villa game is called off...is Doucoure suspended for the Sheff Weds game, or not until the Leicester game?

That’s a good point.

Hope it’s the cup tbh. We’ve got a better chance of Top 4 ;)
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 13, 2021, 05:10:01 AM
Reply #1553

BlueNoseMike

Thought he was at his sloppiest with the ball tonight but even still, he influences the game. Always seems to be within 10 15 yards of the ball and looking to he involved both ways.

He is great at driving us up the field 20 yards, and nips in at opposition feet constantly too.

As has been said, will be another who will thrive once we have our strongest team all on the grass together

January 13, 2021, 02:35:22 PM
Reply #1554

Toffee_4_Life

Yeah I think he's ace. Not the sort of player who will run the show from midfield with lots of players missing but that back of being close to the ball, winning knock downs and driving forward is something we've missed for years.

Always seemed to be a gaping hole in our midfield when a goal kick or header dropped for a second ball, now we have this guy there or there abouts to start the press or gather the ball.

Was unbelievable for the first few games with our full team and has been available every game. Love him

January 13, 2021, 03:13:40 PM
Reply #1555

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Leicester Changed the rules not so long ago. Think You need 2 bookings in the Cup to get suspended