March 06, 2021, 04:02:08 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 234637 times)

October 06, 2019, 05:56:00 PM
Reply #2640

dazfrancis

What happens when brands says me neither I was onboard with silva and look at the mess I’ve made of signing a striker and centre half this summer?? Ask kenwright if he still has Moyes number?? I wouldn’t trust any of them
out of interest, who would you pick?

You seem to think no one (or very few at least) at the club is up to the job their being employed to do

October 06, 2019, 06:01:09 PM
Reply #2641

Rodenplav64

What happens when brands says me neither I was onboard with silva and look at the mess I’ve made of signing a striker and centre half this summer?? Ask kenwright if he still has Moyes number?? I wouldn’t trust any of them

We are fucked in that case.

October 06, 2019, 06:09:19 PM
Reply #2642

KoemansNumberTens

out of interest, who would you pick?

You seem to think no one (or very few at least) at the club is up to the job their being employed to do

Honestly I’ve no clue. I really don’t watch any football outside of Everton anymore so I’d just be having a guess if I said a name

I don’t so much think brands is incapable (again I’ve no clue) but his work so far has been a long way removed from the praise we’ve all given him on here (me included)

We’ve had 5 managers in a row (if we include unsworth) who’ve been totally out of their depth. Longer term we’ve had kenwright who failed in 2 ground moves and to find investment for about 30 years. Moshiri’s come in failed to get rid of kenwright and helped appoint said useless array of managers. Brands has come in and took twice as long as Walsh did to not get us a senior striker.

I don’t think it’s massively outlandish to question these people’s abilities to do their jobs

October 06, 2019, 06:16:03 PM
Reply #2643

GrantyBoy78

Everything I want to say about Silva has already been said. He needs to go.

He’s been here over a year and I’ve still not got a clue what he’s trying to implement or build.

We’re so rigid and devoid of ideas, it’s as if we’re being managed by one of the football dinosaurs Silva was supposed to be the antithesis of.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

October 06, 2019, 06:50:26 PM
Reply #2644

stirlingblue

Other than us all complaining on here is there anything rumoured about Moshiri/Brands etc wanting rid of him

October 06, 2019, 07:01:44 PM
Reply #2645

Paddockoldie

Silva needs to show he sees his errors. Firstly in zonal marking above any other approach. Teams can exploit our lack of efficiency in it. Secondly, playing Schneiderlin and Delf together as holding midfielders... It doesn't fucking work Marco!!
He needs to be more ruthless and drop players who are failing him, week in week out... Bring in the youth who will be keen to show him they want it more. What's he to lose? Someone loses but it's how you lose. We dominate possession and yet lose the game??? Change your plan if he has one. I just don't think he can, or has another way. If we don't win against West ham he's gone and can have no complaints.

October 06, 2019, 09:58:30 PM
Reply #2646

Gary1878

Honestly I’ve no clue. I really don’t watch any football outside of Everton anymore so I’d just be having a guess if I said a name

I don’t so much think brands is incapable (again I’ve no clue) but his work so far has been a long way removed from the praise we’ve all given him on here (me included)

We’ve had 5 managers in a row (if we include unsworth) who’ve been totally out of their depth. Longer term we’ve had kenwright who failed in 2 ground moves and to find investment for about 30 years. Moshiri’s come in failed to get rid of kenwright and helped appoint said useless array of managers. Brands has come in and took twice as long as Walsh did to not get us a senior striker.

I don’t think it’s massively outlandish to question these people’s abilities to do their jobs

Koeman and Martinez have both managed to wangle their way into managing Belgium and the Netherlands, and both quite successfully? This is a serious question, and not aimed at anything you specifically have said, but is this a structural failure at a higher level at the club?

Do you think that we may have panicked in the past few years, and when things haven't gone right for a few games, we make rash decisions and sack a manager?

To me, there are embedded issues at Everton that are stopping us from achieving greater things. This doesn't just stem from one manager, or one set of players. There is no doubt that we have an incredibly talented squad.

I want success as much as anyone, but I am concerned that sacking Silva will not solve anything at the club, and just set us back further.

October 06, 2019, 10:12:57 PM
Reply #2647

Dr. Sponge

Koeman and Martinez have both managed to wangle their way into managing Belgium and the Netherlands, and both quite successfully? This is a serious question, and not aimed at anything you specifically have said, but is this a structural failure at a higher level at the club?

Do you think that we may have panicked in the past few years, and when things haven't gone right for a few games, we make rash decisions and sack a manager?

To me, there are embedded issues at Everton that are stopping us from achieving greater things. This doesn't just stem from one manager, or one set of players. There is no doubt that we have an incredibly talented squad.

I want success as much as anyone, but I am concerned that sacking Silva will not solve anything at the club, and just set us back further.
You cant manage internationally and be completely shit, but look at the players that Belgium have and you could put an argument forward to say they have the best crop in the world. So then has Martinez underachieved with them?

Koeman did well with Southampton and then with us the year after, he just lost the plot a bit with the number 10s and Cuco. So it's not inconceivable that he will do OK with Holland, a country with huge technical pedigree.

They were just both not good enough to manage at the top of the PL.

Taking a punt on an up and coming manager is our best bet which is what I imagine we did with Silva, but it has just proved too much for him.

October 06, 2019, 10:14:31 PM
Reply #2648

KoemansNumberTens

I think international football is made from them 2. You can go very deep in a tournament without playing very many decent sides. Belgium got to the semis by beating only 1. England got there without playing any. I’d love to see Martinez back in club football (but not at Barcelona) think he’s capable of causing real damage to his own team if given enough time. Koeman is just lazy. Much of the good work at Southampton was done by a DOF and when we appeared to give him more say on transfers he just wanted a load of fantasy football players without any thought for balance.

October 06, 2019, 10:19:27 PM
Reply #2649

biilyblueballs

I have been a season ticket holder for 40 years and yesterday was the final straw . I have decided to take to the forums to express my utter distain for this excuse of a manager Marco Silva . What is he talking about after games? he is mumbling nonsense . I would have more inspiration if we dug up Howard Kendall and exumed his body and i think he would still motivate the players more then this fraud . enough is enough silva out !! and as for that picture of mike walker on the side of the stadium are they ticking the p i s s . we are a joke club

October 06, 2019, 10:20:44 PM
Reply #2650

Lxxx

Be arsed trying to justify the managerial qualities of Martinez and Koeman.

We've just got a very average manager and coaching staff (at best) and the question is how long do we persevere with watching us trot out the same shite and get beat every week. 

October 06, 2019, 10:23:14 PM
Reply #2651

Mayor Farnum

Historically we've been atrocious at appointing managers; even in the days when we had all the advantages of being a genuine top club.
Everton; we'd like to win as long as we don't upset anyone in doing so.

October 06, 2019, 10:25:17 PM
Reply #2652

Hawkandro

The amount of money we have now wasted on hiring and firing Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and probably Silva is ridiculous. Considering Moshiri is intent on 'making a statement', why not offer a Kings ransom to get a proper top class manager in?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 06, 2019, 10:28:25 PM
Reply #2653

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The mention of backroom staff has me thinking...did we lose the mastermind behind Silva? Or at least the guy who translated ideas into action in terms of coaching perhaps?

Joao Pedro Sousa left end of last season and look at us now.

Joao Pedro Sousa's new club FC Famalicao in Portugal have won 6 out of 7 and are currently sitting top of the league.

We currently have Luis Boa Morte whose record isn't proven too.

October 06, 2019, 10:29:06 PM
Reply #2654

Dr. Sponge

The amount of money we have now wasted on hiring and firing Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and probably Silva is ridiculous. Considering Moshiri is intent on 'making a statement', why not offer a Kings ransom to get a proper top class manager in?
Arent manager wages and compensation buttons compared to what income the club has with the tv deals? I dont see it as an issue.