March 03, 2021, 01:37:46 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 234054 times)

October 07, 2019, 05:10:55 PM
Reply #2715

dazfrancis

Don't completely understand what all of this means but I'm guessing that it says based on xG we should be 10th currently

Obviously doesn't paint the full picture that we're fucking clueless and spineless

October 07, 2019, 05:15:58 PM
Reply #2716

Lxxx

Palace
Watford
Villa
Wolves
Bournemouth
Sheff United
Man City
Burnley

How are we in this situation after that run of games, its embarrassing

Scary that. Not sure he can have much to come back with when he's sat in front of Brands having a summary of the season so far over the next few weeks.

October 07, 2019, 05:26:05 PM
Reply #2717

Gary1878

Should fucking get Bricktop in to scare these weak willed players we have, if it doesn't work just 'feed em to the pigs'

Feed 'im to the pigs Bill

October 07, 2019, 05:26:12 PM
Reply #2718

Waltzer

Don't completely understand what all of this means but I'm guessing that it says based on xG we should be 10th currently

Obviously doesn't paint the full picture that we're fucking clueless and spineless

Doesn't this essentially mean we're toothless?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 07, 2019, 05:38:37 PM
Reply #2719

sam of the south

Doesn't this essentially mean we're toothless?

It means we’re uncreative if xg gives us only draws against the mediocre to poor sides we’ve played so far.

It means we’re also toothless, yes, and shaky, and a bit porous.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 05:42:08 PM
Reply #2720

Waltzer

It means we're uncreative if xg gives us only draws against the mediocre to poor sides we've played so far.

It means we're also toothless, yes, and shaky, and a bit porous.
That's a pretty decent combination all round then!!!

October 07, 2019, 05:44:10 PM
Reply #2721

sam of the south

That's a pretty decent combination all round then!!!

Yeah, we’re living the dream! 🙆🏼‍♂️
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 05:47:53 PM
Reply #2722

Gary1878

There have been lots of small insignificant things that have worked against us at the start that all add up - some of which are Silva's fault, and some a failure elsewhere:

- Richarlison off form after no pre-season coming back from Copa America.
- Failing to sign Zouma's replacement, and Keane/Mina subsequently struggling
- Injuries to both Gomes and Gbamin, forcing us to play Schneiderlin, who is utterly toothless. Delph has been OK, but has been forced to do all of the creative work and cover for Morgan too many times.
- Moise Kean has failed to hit the ground running. Chopping and changing between him and DCL has given neither any sort of run in the team or form, causing our finishing to suffer
- Bernard has been inexplicably left out of the team after striking a very nice partnership with Digne. Iwobi hasn't had a consistent role, and hasn't struck any meaningful partnership with any other player.
- Jury continues to be out on Siggy, who is wildly inconsistent and gets marked out of the game too often. He doesn't seem to know how to overcome this, which is why it is baffling to most why he hasn't been dropped.
- Our passing has been very poor and the build up play slow because of this. Our movement has become very static, which suits teams which sit back against us
- Overall finishing has been woeful. We are creating chances, but failure to put them in the net at crucial points of games has hurt us

There is no doubt that the manager has made a few major mistakes, and ultimately the responsibility does fall on him to get things right. But the players are the ones out there that need to create and score goals, and they need to take their fair share of flack. At the moment, they are both letting us down.

October 07, 2019, 05:53:53 PM
Reply #2723

Dr. Sponge

10th is still shit.

October 07, 2019, 06:00:51 PM
Reply #2724

Macca77

We're just to predictable, the formation is all wrong, Silva has been found out, teams know how to set up against us and know if they go one up then its basically the game won

October 07, 2019, 06:13:30 PM
Reply #2725

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There have been lots of small insignificant things that have worked against us at the start that all add up - some of which are Silva's fault, and some a failure elsewhere:

- Injuries to both Gomes and Gbamin, forcing us to play Schneiderlin, who is utterly toothless. Delph has been OK, but has been forced to do all of the creative work and cover for Morgan too many times.
- Moise Kean has failed to hit the ground running. Chopping and changing between him and DCL has given neither any sort of run in the team or form, causing our finishing to suffer
- Bernard has been inexplicably left out of the team after striking a very nice partnership with Digne. Iwobi hasn't had a consistent role, and hasn't struck any meaningful partnership with any other player.
- Jury continues to be out on Siggy, who is wildly inconsistent and gets marked out of the game too often. He doesn't seem to know how to overcome this, which is why it is baffling to most why he hasn't been dropped.
- Our passing has been very poor and the build up play slow because of this. Our movement has become very static, which suits teams which sit back against us
- Overall finishing has been woeful. We are creating chances, but failure to put them in the net at crucial points of games has hurt us

There is no doubt that the manager has made a few major mistakes, and ultimately the responsibility does fall on him to get things right. But the players are the ones out there that need to create and score goals, and they need to take their fair share of flack. At the moment, they are both letting us down.

For me, when Richarlison was moved out from the left, he began struggling. He was so good early last season cutting in from the left and scoring. That threat is totally negated on the right and with Sig not scoring either this season, that's both our top scorers from last season not scoring this.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

October 07, 2019, 06:35:48 PM
Reply #2726

Heisenberg

Richarlison isnt out of form. He's played out of position to accommodate an average player

October 07, 2019, 06:59:46 PM
Reply #2727

Hawkandro

Dogs of War saying meeting about silva next week. Definitely staying for the west ham game.

If true, then you would hope we are using the time to source a replacement to come in straight away.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 07, 2019, 07:16:37 PM
Reply #2728

Gary1878

Richarlison isnt out of form. He's played out of position to accommodate an average player

I think it is a bit of both to be honest. I don't think being played out of position helps, but as a winger, you shouldn't have too much of an issue playing the other side if you are in form.

October 07, 2019, 07:50:26 PM
Reply #2729

Juanito

I think it is a bit of both to be honest. I don't think being played out of position helps, but as a winger, you shouldn't have too much of an issue playing the other side if you are in form.

Some sides have a front three that interchange, that would allow Richarlison to play on the left and right during games.  We have the players to do it, Kean, Richarlison, Bernard, Iwobi and DCL but not the manager.