March 03, 2021, 02:16:10 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 234059 times)

October 07, 2019, 08:00:46 PM
Reply #2730

Waltzer

Some sides have a front three that interchange, that would allow Richarlison to play on the left and right during games.  We have the players to do it, Kean, Richarlison, Bernard, Iwobi and DCL but not the manager.
But of all the players you listed I doubt they even scored combined as  many as what Kane got on his own last season, so have we really got the players to score us goals and play that formation?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 07, 2019, 08:20:35 PM
Reply #2731

sam of the south

But of all the players you listed I doubt they even scored combined as  many as what Kane got on his own last season, so have we really got the players to score us goals and play that formation?

It’s irrelevant if we continue to have an enormous gap between our two DM’s and number 10, we won’t create enough GOOD or varied chances for the likes of Richarlison, because the opposition knows we will just work it out to Digne on the left to sling a cross in.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 09:17:50 PM
Reply #2732

Tinga

I really hate all this xG bollocks, we're shit and some stat isn't going to change that.

October 07, 2019, 10:24:10 PM
Reply #2733

bluenuck

I really hate all this xG bollocks, we're shit and some stat isn't going to change that.

The xG stat is shit.

October 07, 2019, 10:25:16 PM
Reply #2734

Ravardo

Top of the league again for being scored against with set pieces and now weve lost more games than weve won under silva :titanic:

October 07, 2019, 10:25:39 PM
Reply #2735

Macca77

Stats are pretty useless, the league table doesn't lie.

Just noticed our -7 goal difference, fucking shocking!

October 07, 2019, 11:26:18 PM
Reply #2736

Lxxx

Against, City aside, some pretty run of the mill if not below average sides too.

October 07, 2019, 11:27:55 PM
Reply #2737

Waltzer

I thought - 7 was relatively good considering we're the equivalent of a sieve at the back and about as sharp as blancmange up top

October 07, 2019, 11:34:05 PM
Reply #2738

KoemansNumberTens

We’ve scored 6 goals in 8 games. 3 of them were against wolves and 3 in the other 7 games.

Honestly no clue how silva still has a job now. We could (by a miracle) win the next 5 on the trot and he’s still the wrong man for the job.

October 08, 2019, 12:42:01 AM
Reply #2739

ally2

So who do people want on the left?  Bernard or Richarlison?

October 08, 2019, 12:46:42 AM
Reply #2740

Heisenberg

I think it is a bit of both to be honest. I don't think being played out of position helps, but as a winger, you shouldn't have too much of an issue playing the other side if you are in form.

Completely disagree. He’s world class on the left in my opinion and just decent on the right. So often he tries cutting in from the right but hasn’t got the left foot to match it, nor does he have the striker to whip it into from the right

October 08, 2019, 01:59:23 AM
Reply #2741

Hesmenos

I think the only reason we play Richarlison on the right is that the only other option is Walcott. Silva wants him on the left as well, which is why he was banging on all summer about wanting a left footed right winger.

October 08, 2019, 02:07:06 AM
Reply #2742

kramer0

I think the only reason we play Richarlison on the right is that the only other option is Walcott. Silva wants him on the left as well, which is why he was banging on all summer about wanting a left footed right winger.

Was he? Why did he want Zaha so badly then?

October 08, 2019, 03:09:23 AM
Reply #2743

Cereal Killer

He didn’t

Moshiri did

October 08, 2019, 03:10:05 AM
Reply #2744

Heisenberg

Didn’t it turn out in the end that we didn’t pursue Zaha nearly as much as the press made out.

Silva was very clear about needing a CB, another CM and RW. It’s up to your DoF, scouts and higher ups to sort that.