March 03, 2021, 02:03:12 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 234058 times)

October 08, 2019, 03:22:18 AM
Reply #2745

kramer0

October 08, 2019, 03:36:49 AM
Reply #2746

Juanito

But of all the players you listed I doubt they even scored combined as  many as what Kane got on his own last season, so have we really got the players to score us goals and play that formation?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

We play Sigurdsson to do it all or rely on crosses from Digne. The 4-3-3 should offer more dynamism from the midfield 3, so I expect so.

I also like that some managers successfully use the 4-3-1-2 formation or others and for me I could see players like Kean, Richarlison and others benefiting from that. So much talent at our disposal but so little imagination to get the best out of them.

October 08, 2019, 05:23:22 AM
Reply #2747

ally2

I'd like to see Sigurdsson on the right of a midfield 3. He gets up and down, works hard and can deliver great passes and crosses. Delph or Gomes on the left then Gbamin or someone in the middle. This would allow the striker to receive balls from more than just hopeful crosses from the full backs.

October 08, 2019, 05:42:25 AM
Reply #2748

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's never going to happen this drop Sigurdsson deeper thing.

He could have tried it last year, pre season or this season, he won't do it save sometimes in the final 10 mins of a game for some reason.

It's never going to happen and I'll be honest with you, I don't think 433 will either.

When Gbamin is back it will be Gomes and Gbamin in the middle and he'll hope Gbamin can cover enough ground to do Gueyes job and that's that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2019, 05:11:21 PM
Reply #2749

dazfrancis

https://twitter.com/DAHughes_/status/1181452327678599169

Absolutely mad that he hasn't been able to spot or correct this glaring issue in 2 years.

Based on evidence like this I think he will be gone after the West Ham game if we lose

October 08, 2019, 05:15:11 PM
Reply #2750

sam of the south

Absolutely mad that he hasn't been able to spot or correct this glaring issue in 2 years.

Based on evidence like this I think he will be gone after the West Ham game if we lose

Too proud to change it
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 08, 2019, 05:22:33 PM
Reply #2751

KoemansNumberTens

Why the hell would you change it to a system we clearly can’t use

Is there any evidence that zonal marking is even better when done right. It seems odd to rip up a system you can use have all this upheaval unless it’s somehow a lot better in the longer term

October 08, 2019, 05:38:05 PM
Reply #2752

Macca77

Should be gone now, never mind after the West Ham game, things won't suddenly change if we beat them

Manuel Pellegrini will have his players working on corner routines all week.

Still can't get over the Burnley goal, they tried exactly the same corner in the first half which Pickford saved, to not think they would try it again was absolute schoolboy stuff, in fact my lads team would of got onto it straight away.

October 08, 2019, 05:40:20 PM
Reply #2753

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

He did sort it end of last year... But now teams have changed it up slightly he is taking an age to sort it again.

I really wish it wasn't like this but it is. He's done.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2019, 05:44:27 PM
Reply #2754

Lxxx

Should be gone now, never mind after the West Ham game, things won't suddenly change if we beat them

Still can't get over the Burnley goal, they tried exactly the same corner in the first half which Pickford saved, to not think they would try it again was absolute schoolboy stuff, in fact my lads team would of got onto it straight away.

The scary thing is they knew it would work before the game so they worked on it in the week. It nearly came off first half but they figured if they got another corner they'd try it again and got the goal from it.

We keep reading about Silva's attention to detail in training but I'm struggling to see any detail at all. No tactical tweaks, no changes in formation and clearly a rigid setup on corners which is laughably easy to get around.   

October 08, 2019, 05:48:58 PM
Reply #2755

Juanito

I wonder how Richarlison would react to him leaving.

October 08, 2019, 05:50:49 PM
Reply #2756

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder how Richarlison would react to him leaving.

He's gone when silva goes, I think if he has a good year 10+ goals we can sell at a healthy profit in the summer.

Really need him to have another good year though.

October 08, 2019, 05:50:58 PM
Reply #2757

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

West Ham are just as bad as us.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 08, 2019, 06:13:06 PM
Reply #2758

Lxxx

West Ham are just as bad as us.

They've got some decent players going forward at the minute.

They'll drop off as they always do but in Lanzini, Anderson, Yarmaleko and Haller there's at least three that would walk into our side. 

October 08, 2019, 07:19:56 PM
Reply #2759

Hawkandro

There's an interesting article on The Athletic about Burnley; following them through the week with Dyche. Practices set pieces a lot, targeting teams weaknesses. Standard stuff, you would think, but obviously something none of our managers post-Moyes have ever had a fucking interest in doing.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.