October 27, 2020, 01:01:56 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 200080 times)

October 28, 2019, 02:43:25 AM
Reply #2880

Juanito

If VAR make the right decision with Richarlison we would be 3-1 up and win. If Mina’s goal stood the week before we would not have our hearts in our mouths when they got that corner last week.

Silva can’t control games but he has had some typically Everton luck.

October 28, 2019, 02:45:42 AM
Reply #2881

Mayor Farnum

If Moyes comes back we are truly fucked as a forward thinking club

Not really. It would just mean we've sacked another manager at a time least advantageous to ourselves.
I doubt we'll be making that mistake again and I expect Silva to be given the rest of the season.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

October 28, 2019, 03:25:22 AM
Reply #2882

KoemansNumberTens

Moyes would never work.

Even if he came and put a decent run together, he has that many fans that hate him that a couple of defeats would bring about a toxic atmosphere.

I’m not sure anyone really hates him. He’s just failed too much since he was here. He’s been on a downward spiral and he’s been out the game a while now.

October 28, 2019, 03:39:23 AM
Reply #2883

Ravardo

Time to throw Kean in surely, and Richarlison back on the left where he’s best

Kean
Richy Iwobi Walcott
     Gomes Davies
Digne Mina Keane Sidibe
         Pickford

Dont mind that but i dont see why dcl isnt up front he's scored 5 goals in his last 5 hasnt he

October 28, 2019, 05:44:35 AM
Reply #2884

indiantoffee1975

Met Super Kev after the game at the emirates today. He certainly didn't think we should get rid of Silva. He asked the question who would we get if he were to get the sack.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 06:08:40 AM by indiantoffee1975 »

October 28, 2019, 09:19:14 AM
Reply #2885

Mac934

When asked by the interviewer, "How do you come back from a goal behind to win?"
Jordan Henderson replied " improved mentality".........
Something Silva can't give to our players, or they haven't the capability to manage themselves.
Our team just bottle it every time it seems.

October 28, 2019, 09:58:21 AM
Reply #2886

bluenuck

Met Super Kev after the game at the emirates today. He certainly didn't think we should get rid of Silva. He asked the question who would we get if he were to get the sack.

As I said yesterday in this thread. The only reason he’s here right now is because whoever brands wants isn’t available.

5 losses in our last 6. And look at who we’re losing to. He shouldn’t have a job, and he won’t come may/April.

October 28, 2019, 01:48:17 PM
Reply #2887

GrantyBoy78

As I said yesterday in this thread. The only reason he's here right now is because whoever brands wants isn't available.

5 losses in our last 6. And look at who we're losing to. He shouldn't have a job, and he won't come may/April.
Well, his hand is going to be forced in the coming weeks, bar a dramatic turnaround.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

October 28, 2019, 02:08:04 PM
Reply #2888

KoemansNumberTens

We’ll get beat by spurs and be back in the bottom 3. Surely that has to then be it?

October 28, 2019, 02:32:55 PM
Reply #2889

TheTone

We’ll get beat by spurs and be back in the bottom 3. Surely that has to then be it?

I'm going Danny Ings with the knockout punch a week later

October 28, 2019, 02:41:46 PM
Reply #2890

Bluedylan

I hate this bit, where it's abundantly obvious to everyone that the incumbent manager isn't going to be the right one, but we're stuck with him until we have a specific combination of bad results to justify giving him the bullet.

It's like breaking up with someone, and still having to live in the same house for another few months.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 28, 2019, 02:42:36 PM
Reply #2891

Macca77

I'm going Danny Ings with the knockout punch a week later

A Ward-Prowse worldy from 35 yards

October 28, 2019, 02:48:34 PM
Reply #2892

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Marcelino would be an interesting one.

Not the worldy you'd hope for and plenty of risk (no English etc.) but is a good manager.

Would need a few players in Jan to make his system work I believe.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 28, 2019, 03:05:30 PM
Reply #2893

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I hate this bit, where it's abundantly obvious to everyone that the incumbent manager isn't going to be the right one, but we're stuck with him until we have a specific combination of bad results to justify giving him the bullet.

It's like breaking up with someone, and still having to live in the same house for another few months.

This is why I'm not really interested in blaming VAR.

Bad decisions from refs or individual errors cost teams but if you are good you give yourself a wider margin of error. Silva has games on a knife-edge even when we are winning, so the lightest breeze and we're at sea.

I believe this side has real real quality, finding excuses for him to stay is just prolonging the inevitable really.

if the marcelino rumours are true so be it, if the Martinez or Moyes ones are true maybe we hold out to the end of the year..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 28, 2019, 04:01:31 PM
Reply #2894

sam of the south

Yeah, and during the limbo period they still look attractive once in a while (West Ham team selection) and you sleep with them again, but this just complicate things, because she still hates your friends, and complains when they come to the house, and yet she insists on inviting her negative old bag of a mother over all the time (Bringing Sigurdsson back into the 10 and shifting Wobes out wide to accomodate him)
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau